CHARGE TO THE DOUGLAS CABLE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The Douglas Cable Advisory Committee shall consist of at most seven members, each serving three year terms on a rotating basis. The Douglas Board of Selectmen shall have sole appointing and oversight authority of the Douglas Cable Advisory Committee.
The Douglas Cable Advisory Committee is charged with the following:
- To negotiate the Town’s license(s) with any Cable or similar telecommunication providers, providing however that the Board of Selectmen shall be the official Issuing Authority for all such licenses.
- To monitor compliance with all such licenses, providing however that any vote of noncompliance or termination be subject to ratification by the Douglas Board of Selectmen.
- To manage the town’s “PEG” channels, with the exception of the Education channel, which is to be operated by the School Department in cooperation with the Cable Advisory Committee.
- To manage any studio and office space made available by Town Meeting, the Board of Selectmen and/or the Executive Administrator.
- To receive and account for all funds as per all contracts, State and/or Federal laws, and Town Bylaws.
- To create and enforce policies and procedures in accordance with its operations, with all policies and procedures subject to public review for a period of no less than twenty-one days from first Committee discussion to Committee vote. Included shall be a well-defined procedure for grievances.
- Policies and procedures of an emergency nature may be adopted by a two-thirds majority vote. All emergency policies and procedures must be reported with explanation to the Board of Selectmen within seven days, and will expire unless ratified within sixty days.
- To budget for and expend funds for staffing, equipment, supplies, and other needs related to its operations.
- To establish job descriptions for and retain the services of regular employees, both subject to ratification by the Board of Selectmen.
- To provide stipends to certain volunteers by vote and/or policy, upon approval of these policies by the Board of Selectmen.
- To periodically report to the Board of Selectmen on issues of a significant nature and/or make recommendations related to its operations.
- To record and broadcast all regular meetings of the Board of Selectmen and any other Board or Committee meetings or special events as assigned by Town Meeting, the Board of Selectmen, and/or the Executive Administrator, subject to the availability of staffing and resources.
- To aid all Town Boards and Committees in the recording and broadcasting of meetings and events upon request, subject to the availability of staffing and resources.
- To offer training and assistance to Town residents and employees in the use of its equipment in accordance to related policies and subject to the availability of staffing and resources.
- Staffing and resources shall be allocated equitably and without discrimination.
- To broadcast provided programming in accordance to related policies.
- To inform the public of its available services and facilities and to encourage their use.
APPROVED BY THE DOUGLAS BOARD OF SELECTMEN ON JULY 11, 2006.