The Board of Selectmen operates as the Executive Board of the Town and is charged with setting policies for the Town as well as calling town elections and town meetings. The selectmen are the Local Licensing Authority, issuing licenses and permits which include but are not limited to the sale of alcohol, automobile dealers, restaurants, entertainment, automatic amusement, and pool tables. The selectmen appoint many key town officials and members of boards and committees. The selectmen are also charged with being the town’s Road Commissioners as surveyors of public ways, monuments, guide posts, sidewalks and shade trees.
The board meets the first and third Tuesday of every month.
Meetings start at 7:00 pm in the Municipal Center Resource Room.
Board of Selectmen
Kevin D, Morse, Chairman
Michael D. Hughes, Vice Chair
Douglas Municipal Center, 29 Depot Street, Douglas, MA 01516
- Organizational Chart
- Massachusetts Congressional Delegation
- Employee Application
- Community Aggregation Press Release
- A History of the Moses Wallis Devise - 1841 - 2009
- Firewood Drawing Entry Form - All names will be added to the list in the order they are received.
- Surplus Firewood - Listing of Recipients - As of November 22, 2016