Housing Authority

The following information entries pertains to where to go, who to contact or websites to obtain Public Housing Vouchers or related information.

To apply for a Housing Choice Voucher Program (formerly Section 8 vouchers) in the Town of Douglas Region;

   Contact; Resources for Community and People (RCAP) - 265 School St. Gardner Mass. 01440 or  1-800-488-1969

   or visit their website  http://www.rcapsolutions.org/

   The RCAP;  provides a comprehensive array of programs which assist tenants in paying for their rent.  These subsidies provide rental support for tenants in privately owned units.  The tenants must be income eligible and the units must pass program-specific housing quality standards inspection. You can also contact an RCAP Housing Consumer Education Center Line at 800-488-1969 extension 6770 to speak to one of our Housing Counselors for more information; or visit http://www.rcapsolutions.org/rental-assistance/ for more information on programs as well as housing applications.


For a list of Local Housing Authorities in the Commonwealth;



For information on additional housing information at the State level - Department of Housing and Community Development


          or  call;

     Public Housing and Rental Assistance (main) 617-573-1150


For some Blackstone Valley area Local Housing Authorities who have public housing here is a partial list.  It is not all inclusive and you will need to contact each LHA to checking on availability or waiting list plus application requirements;


Charlton: http://www.townofcharlton.net/housingauthority.htm

Uxbridge: http://www.uxbridge-ma.gov/Pages/UxbridgeMA_Bcomm/HousingAuth/index

Northbridge: http://www.northbridgemass.org/northbridge-housing-authority


Webster: http://www.webster-ma.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=175&Itemid=830

and of course Worcesterhttp://www.worcester-housing.com/