Conservation Commission


When a Property Owner or Project Applicant wants to perform work in areas in or adjacent to Wetland Resource Areas (WRA), a permit is often required from the Conservation Commission (ConCom) to ensure that the WRA is properly protected from project impacts, or that mitigation of those impacts are properly implemented.  The ConCom has jurisdiction in areas primarily defined in the Wetlands Protection Act (MGL 131 Sec 40) and further defined in the enforcing regulations (310 CMR 10.00) and the Local Bylaws.

The Town of Douglas currently relies upon the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) for relevant Permit Applications Forms. However, we have