BOS - February 22, 2005 - Workshop

Moderators: Suzanne Kane, Jane Alger

BOS - February 22, 2005 - Workshop

Postby Suzanne Kane » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:22 pm

Board of Selectmen
Meeting Agenda
February 22, 2005

1. Call to order

• Goals and Objectives

2. Adjournment
________________________________________
________________________________________
Board of Selectmen
Workshop Minutes
February 22, 2005
March 1, 2005


1. Call to order:

Madame Chairman Shirley Mosczynski called the meeting to order at 7:08 pm. In attendance: Paula Brouillette, Rich Preston, Executive Administrator Michael Guzinski, and Administrative Assistant Suzanne Kane. David Furno and Edward Therrien absent.

Other Staff and citizens: Tribune Reporter Tom Mattson.

Handed out prior to the Workshop is a copy of the Approved Minutes of June 15, 2004, Item 10 – Executive Administrators Goals and Objectives; and a copy of the Executive Administrator Goals and Objectives. Shirley Mosczynski stated the workshop was intended to discuss an instrument for the evaluation of Michael Guzinski. Michael Guzinski handed out the Executive Administrator Goals and Objectives; Section 5. Performance Evaluation from Michael Guzinski’s contract; Employee Performance Evaluation used in Douglas; Town Administrator Evaluation used in Sutton; and a Administrator Evaluation (Town unknown). Michael Guzinski stated he looked at all three evaluation forms – each has it’s pros and cons. He stated he gravitates towards the one from Sutton. Michael Guzinski stated the Board just received these tonight, if they would like they can take time to look at them but he would like to set up a time frame for the evaluation. Rich Preston asked why Michael Guzinski prefers the Sutton evaluation form. Michael Guzinski stated the others don’t seem to fit the mold of an Executive Administrator – seem more generic. The one Douglas uses is good for covering many types of positions. The one from Sutton is a better fit for his position. Shirley Mosczynski pointed out that there is an area for general comments, identified strengths, and identified weaknesses in the Sutton form. Paula Brouillette agreed with Michael Guzinski in respect to the Douglas form remembering the awkwardness when they used it to evaluate Kenneth Mahony. She has no problem with the Sutton form. Paula Brouillette asked how they would fit Michael Guzinski goals and objectives into it. Shirley Mosczynski pointed out that item 17 covers goals and objectives. Michael Guzinski stated he could expand on any of the items. Shirley Mosczynski reminded the Board that they didn’t need to decided tonight – it’s a start. Rich Preston stated he thinks it would be helpful if Michael Guzinski gave them a self evaluation – how he feels his year has gone. The Board concurred. Michael Guzinski stated he will give a one to two page narrative. Shirley Mosczynski asked the Board if they feel they have varied evaluations or would they like to look for more. Michael Guzinski stated that just because they pick one doesn’t mean they have to use it year after year. Shirley Mosczynski stated the one from Sutton would be easier for the Board as a whole to fill out. Rich Preston asked if they had a definitive schedule. Michael Guzinski read the criteria from his contract – he would like to set up a time line tonight. He stated he would like to pass out the agreed upon evaluation form to the Board with a time to get them back – he would like to have it done before he goes on vacation in March. Paula Brouillette stated it’s better to keep a short timeline. Shirley Mosczynski asked if the Board wanted to have a workshop on March 8th to finalize the form they are going to use and then get the forms back to Shirley Mosczynski by March 15th. Michael Guzinski stated he is going to have the final recommendation of the budget for the Finance Committee on March 14th. Shirley Mosczynski stated it was her thought to go over the form on the 8th and then go into budget discussions. Michael Guzinski stated he could have the self evaluation by then. Rich Preston stated he thought the forms should be turned into Shirley Mosczynski by the 15th so they could be compiled. Shirley Mosczynski stated they need to pick a form. Rich Preston stated he has no problem doing it tonight. Paula Brouillette stated she was thinking they should agree on a form at their meeting on March 1st then if there are issues they could discuss on the 8th. Consensus of the Board to pick a form on March 1st. Michael Guzinski will give everyone a calendar.

 Michael Guzinski reported that the Governors request for mercy fund has been approved – reimbursement for snow removal during the storm.
 Michael Guzinski reported that there is a workshop with Kopelman and Paige on March 29th in Sutton. Shirley Mosczynski, Paula Brouillette, Rich Preston, and Suzanne Kane will attend.
 Shirley Mosczynski reported that articles for the Warrant will be due in March and they should have a discussion on the 15th.
 Michael Guzinski reported that Capital Improvement Committee will meet on March 3rd with Fiscal Advisor Clark Rowell. Capital Request forms have gone out to all department heads.

2. Adjournment:
Paula Brouillette made a motion to adjourn at 7:35 pm. Rich Preston seconded the motion. All – aye.


Respectfully submitted,


Suzanne Kane
Administrative Assistant
Suzanne Kane
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 2:01 pm

Return to 2005 Selectmen Meeting Agendas and Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron