5/3/2011 - Meeting Minutes

Moderator: Maria Lajoie

5/3/2011 - Meeting Minutes

Postby Maria Lajoie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:34 pm

*All documents of this meeting can be found in the Community Development Department – Conservation Commission files.

The meeting was called to order at 7:10pm.

ATTENDANCE
Acting Chairman Michael Yacino, Chairwoman Marylynne Dube, Leon Mosczynski, Linda Brown, Ralph Dudley, Brandi Van Roo, David Windoloski, Kelley Donley (Associate Member),Tracy Sharkey (Associate Member),Stephen Zisk (Planning/Conservation Agent), William Cundiff (Town Engineer) and Maria Lajoie (Administrative Secretary).

DISCUSSION:
1. Don Farineau, 294 Northwest Main Street: Fence installation. Farineau present requesting permission to install a 6-foot wooden fence along the boundary line of his abutter located at 288 Northwest Main Street. Zisk said that the fence will be installed by hand. After discussion, it was the consensus of the Commission that Farineau is exempt from filing because he qualifies under the Act for a minor activity.
2. Meeting Minutes of 4/19/11. After review, a Motion was made by Van Roo to approve the Meeting Minutes of April 19, 2011, as amended, seconded by Brown. Vote was unanimous. Yacino asked Zisk if Exxon Mobil started their work yet and Zisk said that Seth Lajoie never picked up the Emergency Certificate. Zisk was asked to check the Davis Street site and call Lajoie. Yacino asked Zisk about the fine that was issued to Ross Smith and Zisk said he issued the ticket and Smith told Zisk that he would pay it before the May 16th meeting.
3. Conservation Commission Appointments. Leon Mosczynski, Ralph Dudley and Kelley Donley are up for re-appointment. Ralph Dudley does not wish to be re-appointed. A Motion was made by Van Roo to recommend the appointment of Kelley Donley as a full time member of the Conservation Commission for a three-year period, seconded by Brown. Vote was unanimous. A Motion was made by Van Roo to recommend the re-appointment of Leon Mosczynski as a full time member of the Conservation Commission for a three-year term, seconded by Brown. Vote was unanimous.
4. Scenic Roads. Yacino said that someone had asked him what the procedure was to go about adopting a scenic road. Zisk said that the Conservation Commission, Historical Commission or Planning Board can be a sponsor and hold a Public Hearing. A scenic road protects trees and stonewalls along the sides of the road and a public hearing is required if a request is made to remove any trees or stonewalls.
5. American Pro Wind. Zisk walked the site today, took pictures and said that everything looked fine. Cundiff said that APW continued their hearing with the Planning Board until the end of June in order to work on financial issues.
6. Donley said that the National Rivers Association will be having a “Clean-up Day” on Saturday, June 4, 2011 from 8:00am to 2:00pm consisting of four (4) areas along the Mumford River. Zisk had e-mailed Donley four (4) sites on the Mumford River. Discussion about possible set-up areas in town. Suggestions were Interface (Guilford), Soldiers Field, Ray’s Convenience Center and West Street (Professional Building parking lot). Suggested areas for clean-up were the Mumford River (2 areas), Riedell Road (near Daniel Heney’s property) and Main Street along the Exxon Pipeline. Brown suggested that Donley contact the Police and Highway Departments to ask where other areas for clean-up were. Zisk gave copy of clean-up sites to the members.

7:35 PM (RDA) PUBLIC MEETING CONTINUED – Northwest Main Street / WHITIN RESERVOIR WATERSHED DISTRICT
Present on behalf of the Whitin Reservoir Watershed District were Lawrence Bombara and John Bombara. The Commission received a letter responding to the Commission’s request (dated 4/11/11) for additional information dated 4/29/11 from Matthew Bellisle of PARE Corporation. Much discussion about proposed mitigation alternatives; siphon design & calculations; flow rate in various locations; (siphon discharge downstream of the dam, spillway downstream of the boards, intersection between spillway overflow and siphon discharge); and maintaining downstream flow rate. The Commission’s concern is to keep the water flowing for the aquatic base flow. Zisk said that the low flow time is in August and asked to maintain 4.5” of water. Yacino asked about the problem with opening and closing of the gate. John Bombara said because of the wear and tear on the gate and Larry said that it gets plugged up with grass and other debris. Dudley said to ask WRWD for a winter draw down schedule. Cundiff will review Bellisle’s comments and will respond for the next meeting. Cundiff will also work with Bellisle. After discussion, a Motion was made by Dube to continue the Public Meeting on Monday, May 16, 2011 at 7:45pm, seconded by Van Roo. Vote was unanimous.

ADJOURNMENT
At 8:10pm, a Motion was made by Van Roo to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Brown. Vote was unanimous.

Respectfully submitted,


Maria D. Lajoie
Administrative Secretary
Community Development Dept.
Maria Lajoie
Maria Lajoie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Community Development Department

Return to 2011 Conservation Commission Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron