BOS - January 16, 2018

BOS - January 16, 2018

Postby Suzanne Kane » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Board of Selectmen
Agenda
January 16, 2018
Municipal Center Resource Room

7:00 pm

• Call to Order
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Chairman’s Announcements
• Citizen’s Forum

1. Approve Common Vic License Renewal(s)

2. Old Grammar School Discussion - Alternative Town Use

3. Police Union Contract Negotiations - Board Designee

4. Minutes: December 19, 2017, and January 2, 2018

5. Administrator’s Report

6. Old/New Business

7. Adjournment
_______________________________________________________________________
Future Agenda Items:

February:
DPW Discussion, Open Warrant for ATM/STM, Release Executive
Session Minutes

March 20th: Review Warrants for Town Meeting

April 3rd: Approve & Sign Warrants for Town Meeting

April 17th: Vote on Budget, Assign Motions, Meet with Moderator & Clerk
_______________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
MEETING MINUTES
January 16, 2018
Approved February 6, 2018


Call to Order

Chairman Kevin Morse called the Board of Selectmen (BOS) meeting to order at 7:00 PM in the Resource Room of the Municipal Center.

ATTENDANCE:
Board: Kevin Morse (Chairman), Tim Bonin, David Cortese (Vice Chairman), Hal Davis, Mike Hughes (Absent), Matt Wojcik (Town Administrator), Suzanne Kane (Administrative Assistant)
Other Staff and Citizens: Katelyn Bonin, Sherry Zetlan (Chair, School Committee)

• Pledge of Allegiance (00:09)

• Chairman’s Announcements
(00:27)
There were no announcements.

• Citizen’s Forum (00:31)
No one came forward.

1. Approve Common Vic License Renewal(s) (00:38)
In the packet is a renewal application checklist.
Ms. Kane stated that there is one Seasonal Vic license that has not come in yet. For approval are the last Common Vic renewals, other than the seasonal, and the last Entertainment license renewal.
Mr. Cortese made a motion to approve the licenses for The Grille on Main and Douglas Flea Market as presented. Mr. Bonin seconded the motion. Vote: All-Aye.

2. Old Grammar School (OGS) Discussion-Alternative Town Use (01:28)
Mr. Cortese proposed converting the Old Grammar School into a police station. Mr. Davis stated that a study for using the building for municipal use, including related costs, was done. Mr. Morse suggested using BOS funds or Worcester Business Development Commission assistance to have a cost study done.
Ms. Kane will look for and distribute the report, which she believes is the Rizvi study. Mr. Cortese will run some cost analyses. This item is to be placed on a meeting agenda two weeks after Mr. Cortese has completed his analyses. Mr. Morse asked that the Police Chief be invited to this meeting.
Mr. Bonin asked for a list of issues that the current police station has.
Ms. Zetlan suggested that a cost analysis of the VFW be done at the same time as one for the OSG. Mr. Wojcik stated that the VFW is in the Watershed Protection Area and would be subject to limits.

3. Police Union Contract Negotiations-Board Designee (12:20)
It was the consensus of the BOS that Mr. Cortese would be the BOS designee for the Police Union contract negotiations.

4. Approve Minutes: December 19, 2018 and January 2, 2018 (12:02)
Mr. Bonin made a motion to approve the minutes of the December 19, 2017 regular session BOS meeting as presented. Seconded by Mr. Cortese. Vote: Aye-3, Mr. Bonin abstained.
Mr. Cortese made a motion to approve the minutes of the January 2, 2018 regular session BOS meeting as presented. Seconded by Mr. Davis. All-Aye.

5. Town Administrator’s Report (13:54)
Mr. Wojcik stated that approximately half of the departments have submitted their budgets. He will start to bring those documents to the Finance Committee. The Finance Committee meeting on 1/23/18 will include the Highway Dept.
Mr. Wojcik stated that the first meeting for labor negotiations will be 1/22/18. He will give a markup of the current contract to the Police Chief and Mr. Cortese.
Mr. Wojcik thanked the Town residents for their helpfulness during the last snow storm. He asked that residents contact the Highway Dept. or the BOS regarding potholes.
Mr. Wojcik stated that there was a water leak today. Water was coming out of the side of the Mechanic Street bridge. This is the second water main break this season.

6. Old/New Business (16:44)
Old Business: There was no old business.
New Business: There was no new business.

7. Adjournment (17:04)
Mr. Bonin made a motion at 7:18 PM to adjourn. Mr. Cortese seconded the motion. All-Aye.

Respectfully submitted,


Mary Wright
Recording Secretary
Suzanne Kane
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 2:01 pm

Return to 2018 Selectmen Meeting Agendas and Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron