Minutes, February 12, 2007

Minutes, February 12, 2007

Postby Mitch Cohen » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:50 am

Douglas Cable Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes
Monday, February 12, 2007 – Douglas Municipal Center

Prepared by Mitch Cohen

Members present: Tom Devlin, Mitch Cohen, Fred Fontaine, Eben Chesebrough
Staff present: Daniel Harlow
Absent: Paul Crandall, Rich Preston, Carol Field
Audience: None

1. Tom Devlin called the meeting to order at 7:07pm.
2. Tom discussed a service complaint received from Greg Hippert via voicemail. He had paid Charter for a lengthy cable run several months prior, but Charter has not installed the cable. Bob Spain of Charter replied that Verizon is not responding to their permit request.
3. The Committee further discussed the proposed budget policy.
4. Members have submitted information for Daniel’s review. Tom will summarize. Discussion of a salary increase will be discussed at the next meeting.
5. Eben requested a key to the cable office. Tom had a spare key, and gave it to Eben.
6. Tom informed the Committee that per Rich Preston the next cable class will start March 7, not February 28.
7. Fred provided the final curtain purchase list. The total cost will be $944.40, which includes shipping. Tom will coordinate with Fred to place the order.
8. Rolling desks are still needed for the computers. Fred suggested the web site carts4less.com.
9. Tom will review the letter to the Treasurer with the Town Administrator.
10. Mitch suggested the taping of Finance Committee meetings, which are held Monday evenings. This is especially important with upcoming budget discussions. Fred and Eben agreed. The unanimous consensus of the Committee is to begin taping Finance Committee meetings. Tom will send a letter to the Chair of the Finance Committee informing them their meetings will be videotaped.
11. Daniel suggested adding a third camera to the Resource Room. Daniel will get pricing.
12. The Committee also has interest in a second fixed camera for the Planning Board meeting room. Fred will research.
13. The next regularly scheduled meeting would fall on a holiday. All were agreed to hold the next meeting in March.
14. Fred suggested the purchase of a wireless lavaliere/handheld microphone set for camcorders. Fred will research.
15. Motion made by Mitch, seconded by Eben, to adjourn. Vote unanimous in favor.
16. Meeting adjourned at 8:10pm.
Mitch Cohen
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:52 am

Return to Cable Advisory Committee Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron