BOS - October 24, 2000

BOS - October 24, 2000

Postby Suzanne Kane » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:20 am

Board of Selectmen Meeting
Resource Room
Tuesday, October 24, 2000 at 7:00 pm



1. Call to Order
2. Chairman’s Announcements – 7:00 pm
3. Alcoholic Beverages License – 7:05 pm
• Change of Manager
• Transfer of Stock
• New Officer/Director
• Pledge of License
4. Request for use of Municipal Building Parking Lot
5. Request for Establishment of Toll Booth
6. Approval of Minutes
• October 3, 2000
• October 10, 2000
7. Octoberfest Report
8. Internet Policy at the Simon Fairfield Public Library
9. Town Web Site Logo and Design
10. Obstruction of Intersection (Grove and West Street)
11. Chapter 61 Procedures
12. Cable Broadcast Improvements
13. Procurement Policies and Procedures – Angela Ernenwein
14. Acceptance of Deed – Vecchione Property
15. Executive Administrator’s Report
16. New Business
17. Adjournment

Upcoming Meetings

• November 14 – Regular Meeting
• November 21 – Workshop
• November 28 – Regular Meeting

Future Business

November 14 – Regular Meeting
Per Bag Trash Disposal Program – Joint Meeting with Board of Health and DEP Representative
Options for the Consolidation of Financial Function

November 21 – Worshop
Town Goals
Executive Administrator’s Goals

November 28 – Regular Meeting
Tax Classification Public Hearing
_____________________________________________________________________________
Board of Selectmen’s Meeting
October 24, 2000 at 7:00 PM


Members Present: Tom Navaroli, Rich Preston, Shirley Mosczynski, Buff Therrien

1. Call to order at 7:05 PM
2. Chairman’s Announcement
• VFW Annual costume parade and party at the Douglas Elementary school is at 6 PM
• Trick or Treating on October 31st will be from 5:30 to 8:00 PM
3. Alcoholic Beverage License
• Tom Navaroli opened a public hearing at 7:07 PM
• Betsy Choate (Attorney), David Nadreau (President) and Mary Beth Nadreau ( Clerk and Treasurer) were present.
• License is remaining in the business’ name (Cate’s Axe Mill Tavern, Inc.)
• Tom Navaroli closed the public hearing at 7:14 PM
• A motion to approve the request of Cate’s Axe Mill Tavern, Inc for change of manager, transfer of stock, a new officer/director, and pledge of license subject to conditions was made by Shirley Mosczynski, seconded by Buff Therrien.
 VOTE: All in favor
4. Request for use of Municipal Center Parking Lot
• Steve Pajka requested the use of the Municipal Center Parking Lot for November 26, 2000 for approximately 25-30 vehicles to temporarily park while the Douglas Youth Hoop organization attended a Boston Celtics Game in Boston.
• Shirley Mosczynski questioned if the chief had any problems with this request
 The police Chief approved the request
• Rich Preston questioned if there would be any conflict with usual business.
 The request was made for a Sunday
• Shirley Mosczynski moved to approve the request for the use of the Municipal Center Parking Lot by the Douglas Youth Hoop organization on November 26, 2000, seconded by Rich Preston.
 VOTE: All in favor
5. Request for Establishment of Toll Booth
• Douglas Athletic Booster requested to hold a “toll road” on November 4, 2000 from 9AM-1PM
• Buff Therrien motioned to grant the request, seconded by Shirley Mosczynski
 VOTE: All in favor
6. Approval of Minutes
• October 3, 2000
 Shirley Mosczynski moved to approve October 3rd minutes, seconded by rich Preston
• VOTE: All in favor
• October 10, 2000
 Shirley Mosczynski moved to approve October 10th minutes as corrected, seconded by Buff Therrien
• VOTE: All in favor, Rich Preston abstained
7. Octoberfest Report
• A picture presentation of the Octoberfest was shown
• The dunk tank made $254
• After expenses, $4500 was made
• The Octoberfest Committee is looking for more members
8. Internet Policy for Library
• The Library Board of Trustees wanted the approval from the Board of Selectmen
• Norm presented this policy to the Board.
• Tom Navaroli stated that the computers are town owned and patrons need to be limited as well as employees.
• Norman MacNeill stated that there is a concern from the Library Board of Trustees that the library does not want the roll to discern what kind of content can be viewed.
• Norman MacNeill recommended to the Board that they could recommend to the Library Board of Trustees to review their policy.
• Tom Navaroli stated that the restriction should not be on what the patrons can access, but what town equipment can access.
• Norman MacNeill recommended to table this item until the members can be present
9. Intersection West and Grove Street (taken out of order)
• Ron Nedoroscik was present
• At the site of the intersection, visibility is limited due to a wall of trees on Mr. Nedoroscik’s property.
• The least costly solution would be to have the owner, Mr. Nedoroscik, agree to removal or re-establishment of a line of trees further into the property.
• Mr. Nedoroscik stated that he would conform with and play if it is feasible and agreeable.
• The price for replacing the trees would be $46,600.
• Mr. Nedoroscik stated that three engineers have been up to the site and stated that the road should be re-aligned because of the curve of the road.
• The consensus of the board was to get information on safety and prices and get back to Mr. Nedoroscik, and they will help.
10. Chapter 61 Procedure
• Angela Ernenwein resubmitted the procedures after going to the Planning Board, Conservation, Police Department and Assessors for review.
• A copy of the letters, etc. will also be courtesy copied to the Open Space Committee
• Angela made note of the changes if the board approves the procedures.
• Shirley Mosczynski moved to approve the Chapter 61 procedures as amended, seconded by Rich Preston.
 VOTE: All in favor
11. Cable Broadcasting Improvements
• Rich Preston presented the request for new equipment in the new meeting room.
 Panasonic color cct video camera ($448), Computar camera lens ($357), Pelco camera mount ($26), 100 feet bnc video cable ($40), Shure vp 64 table microphones ($89 each – quantity 3), XLR radio cables 100 feet in length ($59 each – quantity 3)
• This will be brought before the Cable Advisory Committee for approval
• It was stated that the Cable Advisory Committee controls the funds
• Rich Preston motioned to request the purchase of the items listed for $1,355 installed in the new media room, seconded by Shirley Mosczynski.
 VOTE: All in favor
12. Procurement Policies and Procedures
• Angela Ernenwein presented a proposal of actual changes to the policy to ensure consistency of following all applicable laws.
• A seminar will be conducted w/ the Boards approval for employees regarding the changes in the policy.
• Shirley Mosczynski moved to approve the policy procedures presented, seconded by Rich.
 VOTE: All in favor
• Tom Navaroli questioned if the procurement policies would conflict with the capital by-laws.
 They compliment each other
13. Acceptance of Deed
• Norman MacNeill presented the first of four decisions to be made to accept the deed of the Vecchione property, Parcel 1 on map, for $85,000, relating to consolidation of land for the school and abutting land.
• Town Council has received a signed copy of the deed
• Buff Therrien motioned to accept the deed, seconded by Shirley Mosczynski
 VOTE: All in favor
14. Executive Administrator’s Report
• Senior Work-Off Program
 This program will begin as close to the beginning of the year as possible
 Seniors can work up to $500 towards an abatement of taxes at current minimum wage of $6.00 an hour
• Transfer Station
 Meeting with Board of Health on November 13, 2000
 Movement towards a “per bag” system
 The objective is to consider making the change in the next fiscal year.
• Workshop Date
 Proposed November 21, 2000 for Administrator and Town Goals Workshop
 Meeting with Master Plan regarding Community Development plan
 The State will do a build out analysis regarding residential growth.
15. New Business
• Rich Preston
 Questioned the rescinding of plowing private ways
• Private ways will be plowed
• Shirley Mosczynski
 Stated that the board needs to sit down with the Finance Committee so that we are on the same track with expenditures
• Norman MacNeill said that he would set this up
• Tom Navaroli
 Reminder of Halloween Party on October 31, 2000 at 6:00 PM
 Trick or Treating will be held October 31, 2000 from 5:30 to 8:00 PM
16. Web Development Team – Web Site Logo & Design
• Mitch Cohen, Mark Buller and Linda Lodi were present
• Tom Navaroli discussed the process of finding the logo
 There were two people and six entries, which the Web Development Team presented the result.
• Linda Lodi explained her approach to designing the logo she entered
• Mitch Cohen stated that on the technical side, the graphic and colors load well.
• Tom Navaroli questioned if the logo has intent to replace the town seal.
 Mitch Cohen stated that it is beyond the scope of the Web Development Team, and it is being used for online literature.
• Rich Preston moved to accept the logo as presented, seconded by Shirley Mosczynski
 VOTE: All in favor
17. Adjournment
• Buff Therrien moved to adjourn at 8:50 PM, seconded by Rich Preston
 VOTE: All in favor



Respectfully Submitted,


Elizabeth A. Davis
Suzanne Kane
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 2:01 pm

Return to 2000 Selectmen Meeting Agendas and Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron