6/12/2007 - Meeting Minutes

6/12/2007 - Meeting Minutes

Postby Maria Lajoie » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:03 am

The meeting was called to order at 7:30 PM.

ATTENDANCE
Chairman Richard Vanden Berg, Vice Chairman Ernest R. Marks, Jr., Linda Brown, Eben Chesebrough, David St. George, William Cundiff (Town Engineer), Stephen Zisk (Planning/Conservation Agent), Ann Marie Flanagan (Administrative Secretary)

ABSENT: Mark Mungeam, Roy Swenson

7:30 DISCUSSION: Northeast Wireless Services LLC & Omnipoint Communications
Application for a Proposed Wireless Service Facility
Located at 436-440 Northeast Main Street
• Chesebrough recused himself from this discussion.
• Cundiff reviewed the edits made to the Special Permit with the Planning Board.
• By CONSENSUS the Planning Board agreed that the wording and changes are acceptable.
• Marks, Vanden Berg and Brown signed the document. Cundiff will make the one edit discussed and attach to the signature page.

7:43 DISCUSSION: “Schedule G”
• Cundiff stated that an addendum has been added to the Form G for the paper trail.
• By CONSENSUS the Planning Board has formally adopted the Schedule G presented and will use it until it has been formally added to the Subdivision Rules and Regulations.

7:50 DISCUSSION: Subdivisions
• Zisk presented his Town of Douglas Subdivisions map.
• Vanden Berg would like to address one or two subdivisions per town meeting.
• Maria Chesley will send a letter to each of the following subdivisions to invite them to the next Planning Board meeting for discussion: Shady Knolls II, Hilltop Estates, Fairway View Drive, Smith Drive.
• Brown stated that she would like to focus on subdivisions where the owner has walked away (Sunset Drive, etc.)

8:07 MEETING MINUTES May 9, 2007
• Minutes from the meeting were reviewed and amended.
• A MOTION to accept the minutes as amended was made by Brown; seconded by Marks. AYE: 4, ABSTAIN: 1. MOTION CARRIED.

8:10 MEETING MINUTES May 22, 2007
• Minutes from the meeting were reviewed and amended.
• A MOTION to accept the minutes as amended was made by Chesebrough; seconded by Marks. AYE: 4, ABSTAIN: 1. MOTION CARRIED.


8:27 DISCUSSION: ZBA APPLICATION
• Notice of Zoning Board Public Hearing, CASE #2007-06.
• There will be a Public Hearing on June 14, 2007 at 8:00 pm to act on a request for Special Permit pursuant to the Zoning Laws of the Town of Douglas, Massachusetts.
• Applicant: K.B. Rafferty
• Location of Property: 1Lot #12/7 Cobblestone Lane
• Reason: Applicant is requesting a Special Permit pursuant to Section 3.1 of the Douglas Zoning Bylaws for the temporary use of current residential building for a model home and builders on-site office on property located in a R/A Zoned District.
• The Planning Board has no objection to the request for a Special Permit.

8:35 DISCUSSION: Zoning Map
Vanden Berg would like to begin working on the zoning map project (paper to digitized.)

8:42 DISCUSSION: Evergreen Estates
• Cundiff stated that Town Council asked if the Planning Board would like to add in a time limit to the covenant where it allows the developer to construct a road to a certain standard in a limited amount of time.
• By CONSENSUS the Planning Board would not like to introduce a time limit.

8:52 DISCUSSION: CMRPC Representative
• St. George would like to decline his nomination for CMRPC representative. The Planning Board will ask Swenson at the next meeting.

8:29 DISCUSSION: Rules & Regulations of the Subdivision of Land
• Zisk stated that of the form changes, wording has been added to the occupancy form for building departments requests.
• Vanden Berg reviewed the Rules & Regulations on pg. 23, Section 5.1.4 Dead End Streets, and asked for feedback on the 500 ft limit.
• Chesebrough stated that he would like to see no limit and for the Planning Board to be open to work with the developer.
• Marks agreed and would consider a 2000 ft limit.
• St. George stated that the limit is in place for safety.
• Brown stated that she would agree to a 1000 ft limit.
• By CONSENSUS the Planning Board agreed to change the 500 ft limit to something else.
• Vanden Berg stated that the Planning Board should consider the following for the next discussion on July 10: limit of bond requests, residential compounds, show a plan without waivers, low impact developments, review alternative development scenarios, etc.

9:48 DISCUSSION: Bosma Cell Tower
• Discussion of this matter will continue at the next meeting regarding the use of the review and inspection fee to draft the decision

ADJOURNMENT
At 9:50 pm, a MOTION to adjourn the meeting was made by Chesebrough; seconded by Marks. VOTE UNANIMOUS.

Respectfully submitted,
Community Development Department

Ann Marie Flanagan
Administrative Secretary
Maria Lajoie
Maria Lajoie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Community Development Department

Return to 2007 Planning Board Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron