10/28/2008 - Meeting Minutes

10/28/2008 - Meeting Minutes

Postby Maria Lajoie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:15 am

A meeting of the Planning Board was called to order on Tuesday October 28, 2008 at 7:05 PM.

ATTENDANCE
Present: Richard Vanden Berg (Chairman), Linda Brown, Roy Swenson, Eben Chesebrough, Mark Mungeam, David St. George, Ernest Marks (Vice Chairman), William Cundiff (Town Engineer), Stephen Zisk (Planning/Conservation Agent), Lisa Lannon (Recording Secretary).

7:05 PM PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED: DOUGLAS PROPERITES, LLC APPLICATION FOR A DEFINITIVE SUBDIVISION PLAN OF LAND ENTITLED “LAKEWOOD ESTATES”
Mr. Michael Yerka was present to review the revised plans. Some discussion held regarding the culverts on Shore Road and whether there is a need for an easement should they not be adequate for the storm water management. Mr. Mike Nelson, 143 Shore Road noted that there is no drainage easement on his property at this time. He also noted concern regarding an offsite increase volume of water. Mr. Yerka noted a proposed plan to mitigate this concern. This plan is not part of the formal submission for the subdivision application. He will assure that Mr. Nelson and his attorney receive the plan.
Mr. Cundiff noted that he is still reviewing the drawings. His biggest concern at this point is the determination of ground water elevations so that a thorough analysis of the storm water can be done. Some discussion held regarding the proposed rain gardens.
Mr. Yerka indicated that he would work with Mr. Nelson regarding the offsite drainage easement issue. Mr. Nelson submitted to the Board a letter dated October 28, 2008 regarding the impact of Lakewood Estates on 143 Shore Road. Mr. Cundiff distributed information from Town Counsel regarding “Water Runoff from Public Ways onto Private Property”.
Mr. Marks made a motion to continue the application for a Definitive Subdivision Plan of Land Entitled “Lakewood Estates” to January 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM. Mr. Swenson seconded the motion. Vote unanimous.

8:00 PM DISCUSSION: DEVRIES EARTH REMOVAL SPECIAL PERMIT REQUEST FOR ONE YEAR EXTENSION
Discussion held regarding the request for a one year extension for the earth removal special permit that was issued to the DeVries Corporation. Some discussion held regarding clarity on the permit and a slight change in area E of the DeVries plan. It was the consensus of the Board that this was not considered a major change in the permit. Mr. Chesebrough made a motion to approve the extension of the DeVries Earth Special Permit to December 13, 2009. Ms. Brown seconded the motion. Vote unanimous.

8:00 PM MINUTES OF OCTOBER 14, 2008
The minutes of October 14, 2008 were reviewed. Mr. Chesebrough made a motion to approve the minutes of October 14, 2008 as amended. Mr. Swenson seconded the motion. Vote unanimous.

8:05 PM PLANNING BOARD HANDBOOK DRAFT
Mr. Chesebrough asked members to review the Planning Board Handbook Draft and if there are any changes, additions, or edits please get back to him.

8:06 PM ZBA APPLICATION
The ZBA application for James R. Glode , 17 and 35 Peters Cove Road was reviewed. Discussion held. It was the consensus of the Board that they had no problem with this.

8:12 PM DISCUSSION OF RULES & REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE SUBDIVISION OF LAND
Mr. Cundiff noted that with regard to the Commonwealth Capital Application that CMRPC is working on, we have committed to adopting by 2009 some low impact development regulations. Mr. Cundiff will obtain wording for this.
Discussion held regarding the Rules & Regulations Governing the Subdivision of Land. The following amendments were made:
Include after Section 6.0 REQUIRED IMPROVEMENTS FOR AN APPROVED SUBDIVISION… “Unless specified otherwise, definitions, terms and standards referenced in the current version of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Highway Department Standard Specifications for Highways and Bridges shall apply herein.”
Section 6.1 (7) change the last sentence to: “A “reasonable amount of time” is determined by the Planning Board or its agent.”
Section 6.1 (8) change “…right of way ensure…” to “right of way to ensure…”.
Section 6.3 (4) Mr. Cundiff will check with the Fire Chief on this.
Section 6.4 Sidewalks Mr. Cundiff will work on this.
Section 6.5 Grass Strips the last sentence change from “Seeding shall be…” to “Seeding and mulching shall be…”.
Section 6.6 Mr. Zisk distributed copies of the “Standards for Dead-End Streets”.
Section 6.8 (1) Mr. Cundiff to check language for the removal of boulders.
Mr. Cundiff will make the edits and the Planning Board will review at the January 27, 2009 Meeting.

9:15 PM OTHER BUSINESS
It was noted that there will be no meeting on November 12, 2008.
Information regarding the property of Mr. and Mrs. McCallum was distributed for the Board’s information.
Mr. Chesebrough noted the problem has been brought to his attention of water runoff on the Bosma property from the Charles Street condo property. Mr. Cundiff noted that a letter has been sent to the condo association regarding this matter. He indicated that he would follow up on this.

9:20 PM ADJOURNMENT
Mr. Marks made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. Chesebrough seconded the motion. Vote unanimous. The meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM.

Respectfully submitted

Lisa Lannon
Recording Secretary
Maria Lajoie
Maria Lajoie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Community Development Department

Return to 2008 Planning Board Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron