1/22/2008 - Meeting Minutes

Moderator: Maria Lajoie

1/22/2008 - Meeting Minutes

Postby Maria Lajoie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:17 am

The meeting was called to order at 7:03pm.

ATTENDANCE
Chairwoman Marylynne Dube, Michael Yacino, Leon Mosczynski, Linda Brown, Ralph Dudley, Brandi Van Roo, Angela Saunders (Associate Member), Stephen Zisk (Planning/Conservation Agent), William Cundiff (Town Engineer) and Maria Chesley (Administrative Secretary). Absent was David Windoloski.

7:03 PM DISCUSSION: NPDES STORMWATER BYLAW
NPDES stands for the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System. Cundiff said that this is a Federal and State permit - the Clean Water Act. The purpose is to protect water bodies and groundwater and to safeguard the public health, safety, welfare and the environment. Cundiff informed the Commission that Articles for the Annual Town Meeting Warrant will close on 3/28/08 and that this would be a General Bylaw. The Commission reviewed this “draft” Bylaw.
Section 2: Definitions. Van Roo asked that the word “which” be stricken from #6 – Illicit Connection. The Commission, Cundiff and Zisk agreed.
Section 3: Applicability. Van Roo questioned the word “entering” in (a) but Cundiff pointed out that it was clearly defined in “Section 2, #13 Pollutant”. Van Roo and the Commission were comfortable with this.
Section 8: Exemptions. The Commission said that #9 (Discharge from landscape irrigation or lawn watering) was not allowed in town, agreed to remove #12 (Discharge from street sweeping, and #13 to add the words “for flow analysis” after Dye testing.
Discussion will be continued later this evening.

7:33 PM PUBLIC MEETING CONTINUED: JAMES KOLLETT (RDA) 72 Pine Street
Present on behalf of the Applicant was Michael Yerka of Yerka/Bacon Engineering. The Applicant is requesting a determination of the status of a brook that flows through this property is intermittent or perennial. Yerka said that the stream was dry in the months of June, July, August, September and October. Yerka feels that this is an intermittent stream that it begins on Southeast Main Street down Pine Street above Chase Pond. Brown asked Yerka to determine and provide the Commission with the exact length for the amount of stream - the northern point from the beaver dam to the Kollett property. Yerka will get this information to Zisk. A MOTION was made by Yacino to continue the Public Meeting on Tuesday, February 19, 2008, at 7:30pm, seconded by Brown. VOTE UNANIMOUS.


7:45 PM PUBLIC MEETING CONTINUED: ARMAND PETER GUERTIN (RDA)
106 Peters Cove Road
The Applicant sent an e-mail requesting that this Public Meeting be cancelled and that he would like to come back in the spring. The Commission accepted his withdrawal.

DISCUSSION: 94 ISLAND ROAD
Present was owner Ross Smith in to request permission to place a 10-foot by 12-foot storage shed on his property for his lawn mower, lawn chairs, ladders, etc. He apologized for not remembering to add it to his Notice of Intent during the Public Hearing process. The shed will be set on the ground on a flat area and located on the side of the driveway. Smith said that he would not be taking down any trees nor bringing in any fill. Zisk said that he went to the property with Smith and said that there would not be any disturbance. It was the consensus of the Commission that Smith does not have to file for the shed but if there are to be any changes not discussed tonight he needs to contact Zisk or Cundiff first. Smith also asked the Commission’s permission to put up a flag pole near the well head at the point of the island and said that he would hire a company to drill a hole and put in a sleeve for the flag pole. The Commission had no issue with this request.

DISCUSSION CONTINUED: NPDES STORMWATER BYLAW
Section 9 (Emergency Suspension of Storm Drainage System Access) and Section 10 (Notification of Spills). The Commission agreed to remove these Sections from this bylaw.
Section 11 (Enforcement). The Commission agreed to leave in (d) & (e). They asked Cundiff to look into the maximum dollar amounts for (f) & (g).
Section 13 (Transitional Provisions). The Commission agreed that the owners should be given 30 days to comply with the bylaw.
Cundiff will make the changes discussed and will find out the dollar amounts for Section 11.
The Commission will hold a Public Hearing for this bylaw on Monday, February 4, 2008 at 7:00pm.

DISCUSSION
1. Dube read a letter regarding an Environmental Bill. After discussion, it was the consensus to back this Bill.
2. MACC Annual Conference: March 1, 2008. Dube, Brown and Zisk will attend. If anyone else wants to attend let Chesley know as soon as possible.

MEETING MINUTES OF 10/1/07
After review, a MOTION was made by Brown to approve the Meeting Minutes of October 1, 2007, as amended, seconded by Van Roo. VOTE UNANIMOUS.
MEETING MINUTES OF 12/3/07
After review, a MOTION was made by Brown to approve the Meeting Minutes of December 3, 2007, as amended, seconded by Van Roo. VOTE UNANIMOUS.

MEETING MINUTES OF 1/7/08
After review, a MOTION was made by Brown to approve the Meeting Minutes of January 7, 2008, as amended, seconded by Van Roo. VOTE UNANIMOUS.

8:45 PM PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED: DAVID CELLUCCI (NOI)
137 Martin Road
Present on behalf of the Applicant was Michael Yerka of Yerka/Bacon Engineering. Yerka asked the Commission if they wanted a 1 to 1 ½ ratio of replication of the side slope or a 1 to 1. Cundiff asked that the structural design for the box culvert be added to the special conditions. Zisk asked that bonding be placed for the box culvert and the replication. After discussion, the Commission agreed to a 1 to 1 ratio of replication instead of a 1 to 1 ½ ratio. The Commission also told Yerka that prior to the commencement of any activity associated with the proposed project, bonds must be submitted and approved by the Commission for the construction of the wetland crossing, construction of the replication area and a culvert detail and any associated culvert construction information. A MOTION was made by Yacino to close the Public Hearing and issue an Order of Conditions, seconded by Brown. VOTE UNANIMOUS.

ADJOURNMENT
At 9:05pm, a MOTION was made by Brown to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Van Roo. VOTE UNANIMOUS.


Respectfully submitted,
Community Development Dept.



Maria Chesley
Administrative Secretary
Maria Lajoie
Maria Lajoie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Community Development Department

Return to 2008 Conservation Commission Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron