1/20/2009 - Meeting Minutes

Moderator: Maria Lajoie

1/20/2009 - Meeting Minutes

Postby Maria Lajoie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:32 am

The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm.

ATTENDANCE
Chairwoman Marylynne Dube, Vice Chairman Michael Yacino, Leon Mosczynski, Linda Brown, Ralph Dudley, Brandi Van Roo, David Windoloski and Angela Saunders (Associate Member), Stephen Zisk (Planning/Conservation Agent), William Cundiff (Town Engineer) and Maria Chesley (Administrative Secretary).

CONSERVATION BUSINESS
1. Discussion: Whitin Reservoir Water District & Manchaug Association: Filing an NOI and issues & guidelines. The Commission sent letters to both Associations for an informational meeting but have not heard back from them.
2. Habitat Management on conservation land. Van Roo has been assessing the conservation land maps (112 acres) that Zisk provided her. She suggests that the members should concentrate on the young age properties.
3. Request for a Certificate of Compliance: KTKM Realty Trust, 14 Cobblestone Lane, Lot #39. Zisk spoke to Mr. Rafferty and told him that the Commission will look at the property in the spring. The will schedule a site walk at their meeting on 3/16/09.
4. Annual Town Report. Zisk drafted the report and asked for the members input before he submits it.
5. Meeting Minutes of 11/3/08. After review, a MOTION was made by Van Roo to approve the Meeting Minutes of Monday, November 3, 2008, as amended, seconded by Yacino. VOTE UNANIMOUS.
6. Ed’s Construction, 88 West Street. Zisk asked the members to review the new information that came in for the meeting on 2/2/09.
7. Wallis Pond Dam. Cundiff wrote a letter dated 1/15/09 to Cary VandenAkker at the Department of Conservation & Recreation (Wallum Lake State Park) regarding Wallis Pond Dam. We have not had any response.
8. Meeting Minutes of 12/18/08. After review, a MOTION was made by Yacino to approve the Meeting Minutes of Thursday, December 18, 2008, as amended, seconded by Windoloski. VOTE UNANIMOUS.
9. Meeting Minutes of 12/8/08 and 1/5/09 on hold. Chesley will review the tape for a few issues.

7:38 PM PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED: NORTH BROWN, LLC (NOI) “North Village (Chapter 40B project)
located off of North Street
Present on behalf of the Applicant was Paul Hutnak of Heritage Design Group Art Allen of EcoTec, Inc and Edwin Taipale. Allen reviewed the wetland crossing with the Commission and Flag BB-4 was relocated and therefore the wetland crossing was reconfigured to cross at the narrowest point with the revised wetland line. The road was changed along with the width of pavement, sidewalk and the wall within the crossing. The wetland impact is 4,864 square feet. Mulch silt sack erosion control barriers will be used in the area of the crossing to limit disturbance and to allow for less disturbance to the wetland area during the installation of erosion controls. BSC Group referenced Section 10.3 of the Wetland Bylaw regarding the driveway west of the proposed crossing and Hutnak said that the roadway has been designed to maximize the distance from both wetland areas and will not impact said areas. BSC Group appears to promote the retention of the existing corduroy log crossing rather than disturbing it and restoring the area and the Applicant agrees that it should be left undisturbed. BSC Group’s statement regarding the replication protocol (which will be included on the next set of revised plans) is as follows: 1) Planting will be only done between April 15 – June 1 and September 15 – November 15; 2)General Not #7 will be expanded to state “wetland plants from both the impacted wetland area and the wetland shrubs that grow in the proposed replication areas should be saved for re-planting in the replication areas following the establishment of final grades in the replication areas”; 3) A note will be added to the replication protocol stating “Mature trees and snags within the proposed replication areas shall be saved on upland mounds within the replication wetland. If a snag or existing tree presents a hazard to the roadway due to height, it is to be cut to a safe height and left in place”; 4) Winterberry and fetterbush will be added to the planting and preserved list. Cundiff said that Hutnak did a great job in responding to BSC Group’s concerns. Hutnak told Cundiff that he would submit a revised simplified wildlife form to him. Taipale said that he is waiting for comments from Jay Talerman of Blatman, Bobrowski & Mead. Cundiff asked Hutnak if he filed an ANRAD in Sutton yet and Hutnak said no because he wanted to wait until he got Douglas approval. Cundiff asked about screening and Hutnak said that the information is on the landscape sheet. Cundiff said that the stormwater management looks good regarding the culvert. Cundiff asked Hutnak if the Water/Sewer Commissioners would be changing the project if the permit may not be valid and Hutnak said no because the crossing will not change. Dube suggested asking Kopelman & Paige about ownership of the restriction. A MOTION was made by Yacino to continue the Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 7:30pm, seconded by Van Roo. VOTE UNANIMOUS.

8:16 PM PUBLIC HEARING: DOUGLAS PROPERTIES, LLC (NOI)
“Lakewood Estates” Subdivision
289 Wallum Lake Road
Present was Michael Yerka of Yerka Engineering, Cliff Van Reed and abutter Michael Nelson. The proposed project consists of a 56 ½ acre 18-lot subdivision that includes approximately 2,000 feet of roadway and is 20-feet wide. Yerka said that there will be on-site septic systems, basins and wells. An ANRAD was already done and approved by the Commission but the information needs to be addressed on the plan. Stormwater management is being reviewed by the Planning Board also. Yerka said that he would address Zisk’s comments. Zisk wants Yerka to show how the site would be contained during construction (erosion control) and also show the high ground water migrating down to the resource areas. Cundiff asked Yerka to provide the post-operating costs and Yacino asked if the basins would be town or association owned. Zisk wants a detailed blown up plan. Cundiff would like to go with Yerka when they do the test pits. Abutter Michael Nelson said that he owns a 13-foot strip and he gave the Applicants permission to cross it. Cundiff also brought up the subject of off site easements. A MOTION was made by Yacino to continue the Public Hearing on Monday, March 2, 2009 at 7:30pm, seconded by Mosczynski. VOTE UNANIMOUS.

SIGNED:
1. Order of Conditions: Beverly Hansen, 29 Shore Road
2. Voucher

ADJOURNMENT
At 8:49pm, a MOTION was made by Yacino to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Brown. VOTE UNANIMOUS.

Respectfully submitted,
Community Development Dept



Maria Chesley
Administrative Secretary
Maria Lajoie
Maria Lajoie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Community Development Department

Return to 2009 Conservation Commission Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron