6/1/2011 - Meeting Minutes

Moderator: Maria Lajoie

6/1/2011 - Meeting Minutes

Postby Maria Lajoie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:55 am

Documents from this meeting may be found in the Community Meeting Room and Community Development Department.

The meeting was called to order at 7:15pm.

ATTENDANCE
Present were Pamela Holmes (Vice Chairman), Michael Nelson (Alternate), Leonard Demers (Alternate) and Maria Lajoie (Administrative Secretary). Absent were Daniel Heney (Chairman) and Sean Holland (Member).

7:15 PM ZBA CASE # 2011-04
PUBLIC HEARING: CHRISTINE CASSINO & JOSHUA DUBE
4 Monroe Street
Request for Variance
Hearing this case will be Pamela Holmes, Michael Nelson and Leonard Demers.
Cassino and Dube present and are requesting a Variance in a Village Residential Zoned area pursuant to the Douglas Zoning Bylaws, Appendix B – Dimensional Regulations to vary the required front yard setback from 50-feet to 5-feet and side yard setback from 15-feet to 5-feet to construct a 10-foot by 14-foot storage shed. Holmes did a site walk and found that the house is located on the corner of Monroe and Northeast Main Street. Nelson asked if there was a fence around the corner and Dube said yes and Cassino said that there is a slope in the back of the property. Nelson and Demers will do a site walk. After discussion, a Motion was made by Nelson to continue the Public Hearing on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 7:00pm, seconded by Demers. Vote was unanimous.

7:30 PM ZBA CASE #2011-05
PUBLIC HEARING: PUMA PARTNERS, LLC
355 Main Street
Request for Special Permit
Hearing this case will be Pamela Holmes, Michael Nelson and Leonard Demers.
Owner Dan Botwinik present and requesting a Special Permit in a Village Business Zoned area pursuant to the Douglas Zoning Bylaws, Section 3.0-Use Regulations, Subsection 3.4- Non-conforming Uses and Structures, Subsection 3.4.5 – Non-conforming Single and Two Family Residential Structures to convert the existing non-conforming one-family structure into a two-family structure. The structure is non-conforming due to the lot size, frontage, front yard setback and right yard setback requirements. Holmes and Demers did a site walk. Botwinik told the Board that he purchased three other apartment houses on Main Street in March and have a shared driveway. Botwinik also said that the Police and Fire Chiefs walked the property and they did not have any issues or concerns and the Board asked Botwinik to get them a copy of both letters stating this. Nelson asked who occupied the one family residence now and Botwinik said one man who only lives on the first floor. Botwinik showed the Board plans for the two-family dwelling with front and back entrances, two bedroom apartments and the third floor will be divided for storage. Botwinik said he was going to put on a new roof, upgrade the windows (vinyl) and interior work. Botwinik said there are seven spots for tenants and parking has not been an issue. Demers asked if any abutters were present or letters of concern written and Lajoie said no. Nelson will do a site walk. After discussion, a Motion was made by Nelson to continue the Public Hearing on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 7:15pm, and obtain letters from the Police Chief, Fire Chief and the Planning Board’s opinion, seconded by Demers. Vote was unanimous.

OLD/NEW BUSINESS
1. Meeting Minutes of 3/9, 4/6 will be approved at the next meeting.
2. ZBA Appointments. After discussion, a Motion was made by Nelson to recommend the appointments of Daniel Heney (Member) and Leonard Demers (Alternate), seconded by Nelson. Vote was unanimous. Lajoie will send a memo to the Board of Selectmen.
3. CPTC (Citizen Planner Training Collaborative). Holmes went to this workshop in April and brought back handouts regarding “Roles & Responsibilities of Planning Boards and Zoning Board of Appeals” and “Vested Rights and Nonconforming Uses and Structures”. Copies were given to the members.
4. Agenda Dates. Lajoie was asked to add future meeting dates at the bottom of the Agenda.
5. ZBA Meeting Night. Holmes asked the members if meeting on another night would be better because Holland is also a member of the Building Facilities Construction Committee. Demers said he could not meet on Thursday. Lajoie did say that if the Board was considering another night she would have to check with the Town Clerk for room availability. The Board will discuss this again at a future meeting.

ADJOURNMENT
At 8:00pm, a Motion was made by Nelson to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Demers. Vote was unanimous.

Respectfully submitted,


Maria D. Lajoie
Administrative Secretary
Community Development Dept.
Maria Lajoie
Maria Lajoie
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Community Development Department

Return to 2011 Zoning Board of Appeals Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests