Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011

Postby Cable Committee » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Douglas Cable Advisory Committee
Douglas Municipal Center
Meeting Minutes
Monday, October 24, 2011
• Call to Order
Mitch Cohen called the meeting to order at 7:00pm
Attendance:
Committee: Mitch Cohen, Bob Werme, Christopher Menn, Fred Fontaine
Staff: Pat Aldrich

1.) MM: Held until next meeting.
2.) Correspondence: Charter letter: some small channel changes, 11/9 2pm test of emergency alert service nationwide, charter annual rate justification filing for 2012, required by FCC.
3.) ATETV: Free downloads of educational programming. Pat created login and checked it out, more to come. Agreed to download a program to examine for future use.
4.) Local programming initiative wrap up: Need to reach out to those entities and decide if the program would continue or get equipment returned. Information about membership should be in past meeting minutes.
5.) Coordinator Report: Octoberfest recording went well, full event coverage. “Making of Octoberfest” video was first episode with more to come.
6.) Membership: Mitch went over the responsibilities of the committee and reminded that there is a vacancy.
7.) Financial Report: Sept $1,584.86 part time wages, ytd: total expense $4,751.03
8.) Possible studio space: Classic Envelope is buying Interface building, moving from Whitinsville to Douglas. Went to BOS to seek tax incentives. BOS agreed to some breaks in exchange for some use of extra space. Cable studio space was discussed as a possibility. Once the agreement is complete, a possible field trip should be set up to check out the space. If that happens, current cable office would stay control board for Town Hall.
9.) Purchase Update: Amazon ordering snag needs to be ironed out in order to begin ordering again. Amazon changed their system, eliminating the cable account. Pat needs to re-establish the “paid in full” term-based account.
10.) Budget: Computer upgrades – Mac mini was used previously for audio feed on the community channel but is far beyond its useful period. Some discussion on the use and need of laptop revealed that an Imac desktop unit would be more useful. Need to find resale value of the Imac, put out to bid.
11.) Level One Video: No official signups, some interested parties. Some discussion on the different aspects of the class.
12.) Next meeting: November 28, 2011. Mitch mentioned that he would like to run a workshop to focus on important issues.
13.) Other Business: Fred mentioned the audio for the community room, held for next meeting. Pat mentioned that they are going to start working to abide by the Clerk’s meeting posts on the Town web site, supplying the future agendas a week ahead of time.
14.) Adjournment: Bob motion to adjourn at 7:28pm, 2nd by Fred, with unanimous favor.
Cable Committee
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Return to Cable Advisory Committee Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron