January 5, 2015 Conservation Meeting

Moderator: Maria Lajoie

January 5, 2015 Conservation Meeting

Postby Mary Wright » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:01 pm

CONSERVATION COMMISSION MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, JANUARY 5, 2015

A meeting of the Conservation Commission was held on Monday, January 5, 2015. Ms. Brown called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM.

ATTENDANCE:
PRESENT: Linda Brown (Chairman), Tracy Sharkey (Vice Chairman), Michael Greco, Brandi Van Roo, Stephen Zisk (Conservation Agent)
ABSENT: Jeremy Manning (Unexcused)

1. 7:00 PM (RDA) PUBLIC MEETING: 93 Linden Street, JOLIN, JASON
Ms. Brown opened the public meeting. Mr. Jolin joined the meeting. He would like to place a 10’ x 10’ shed within a buffer zone and remove small trees. The shed would be placed on 5”-6” of crushed stone. A discussion was held.
Chickens within the buffer zone were captured in the photos presented by Mr. Zisk. Ms. Van Roo suggested erosion controls be placed behind the coop.
A site walk was scheduled for January 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM. Ms. Van Roo will visit the site on January 9, 2015 at 10:00 AM.
Ms. Sharkey made a motion to continue the public meeting, 93 Linden Street, Jolin, Jason to February 2, 2015 at 7:15 PM. Ms. Van Roo seconded the motion. Vote: Unanimous.

DISCUSSION:
1. 145 Southeast Main Street. Scott Morris and Kimberly Mitchell joined the meeting. Mr. Zisk stated that the crossing was approved this fall. Mr. Morris stated that National Grid is recommending poles instead of underground utilities. National Grid wants five feet on either side of the poles. They would like to cut down two trees due to the overhead wires. A discussion was held.
Ms. Sharkey made a motion to approve the minor change and the applicants will need to submit a plan from National Grid for one pole to the Conservation Commission. When they come for the Certificate of Compliance, the poles need to be shown on the plan. Ms. Van Roo seconded the motion. Vote: Unanimous.
2. Diane Dube, 69 Oak Street. Ms. Dube joined the meeting. The Commission had done a site walk. Some clearing was done next to the wetland. The Commission wanted Ms. Dube to file a Notice of Intent. They had not heard from Ms. Dube, who did not receive the certified letters due to an incorrect mailing address. The Commission explained the violation and the process to Ms. Dube. She will come to the Municipal Center tomorrow to get some help filling out the forms.
3. North Village (40B Project), located off North Street. Atty. Jay Talerman joined the meeting. Ms. Brown had met with Adelle Reynolds, Building Inspector, who stated that five years ago, the Building Dept. withheld Building Permits until something was built, and that she could not legally hold Occupancy Permits. She would not put this in writing.
Atty. Talerman stated that a Town can hold Occupancy Permits. He explained that, when doing subdivisions, developers start with a covenant. As they get closer to sales, they want to start selling, so they switch and pay a bond on what they have left on the infrastructure so as not to be overburdened, financially. As long as the Commission has adequate security, Atty. Talerman is neutral on what device is used. A discussion was held comparing an Occupancy Permit model and a Building Permit model.
If there is a problem with the crossing, Ms. Van Roo wanted to know at what point would the Commission have the opportunity to block the Occupancy Permit from being issued. Atty. Talerman stated that inspections would need to be performed and the Commission would need to authorize the release of the Occupancy Permit. Atty. Talerman will devise a form to try and make sure that the Conservation Commission can sign off on the completion of the crossing and replication to their satisfaction. Tim Barlow joined the meeting.
It was agreed to change “stabilization” to “successful establishment”.
Ms. Van Roo is fine with this as is as long as she can see the form that is going to create the mechanism by which none of this goes by the Conservation Commission. Atty. Talerman will make the form and attach it as an exhibit.
Atty. Talerman will change where it says “sell” to “closing on any sale of…” He will develop a discharge form that has a box for the Conservation Commission.
Mr. Barlow will start putting up erosion controls and cutting down some trees. Maria Lajoie will be the contact person.

OPEN SESSION:
1. Conservation Land: Title Search. Atty. Talerman summarized that there was a mortgage on the land. They are working to get that discharged. Once the discharge is recorded, Atty. Talerman can draft up the deed.
2. Whitin Reservoir Association: Water Table Schedule. The Commission reviewed flow rate data from the last two years. The flow rates are not reflective of natural flowrates. Mr. Zisk stated that the Association wanted to know if they have to keep submitting the data every month.
Ms. Van Roo recommended comparing these flow rates to natural flow regimes.
3. 436 Northeast Main Street Solar Project: Bosma Fence. Mr. Zisk went out last week and walked the whole fence. Most of the fence looks to be 5.5” off the ground. No large trees were taken down.
4. David & Jennifer Chase, 300 Yew Street. Mr. Zisk presented pictures from Google Earth. There was a question about lawn encroachment, however it was always a big field.
Ms. Van Roo made a motion to issue a Certificate of Compliance for 300 Yew Street, David and Jennifer Chase. Ms. Sharkey seconded the motion. Vote: Unanimous.

Meeting Minutes: December 1, 2014
Ms. Van Roo made a motion to approve the December 1, 2014 Conservation Commission meeting minutes as amended. Mr. Greco seconded the motion. Vote: Unanimous.

8:47 PM ADJOURNMENT:
Ms. Van Roo made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:47 PM. Ms. Sharkey seconded the motion. Vote: Unanimous.

Respectfully submitted,

Mary Wright
Recording Secretary
Mary Wright
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Return to 2015 Conservation Commission Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron