Minutes, March 12, 2007

Minutes, March 12, 2007

Postby dougadmin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:52 am

Douglas Cable Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes
Monday, March 12, 2007 – Douglas Municipal Center
Prepared by Mitch Cohen

Members present: Tom Devlin, Mitch Cohen, Fred Fontaine, Carol Field
Staff present: Daniel Harlow
Absent: Paul Crandall, Rich Preston, Eben Chesebrough
Audience: None

1. Tom Devlin called the meeting to order at 7:18pm.
2. Tom noted a memo from Town Counsel Bill Hewig (sent to multiple towns) regarding a recent FCC order. In summary the memo states the order does not apply to Massachusetts.
3. Motion made by Fred, seconded by Carol, to approve the minutes of January 8th, 2007, as amended. The amendment being that in item #7, the motion was seconded by Mitch. Vote unanimous in favor.
4. Daniel Harlow delivered his Cable Coordinator report:
a. Based on feedback, Daniel is changing the start time of Channel 11 programming to begin on the hour or half-hour.
b. Daniel had received feedback indicating that some Bulletin Board slides are too wide for some televisions. This could be an issue with a small number of televisions. He will investigate.
c. Ink is needed for the printer.
d. Daniel wanted to be sure the new iMac was in place for the next cable class. Mitch indicated the order would be placed shortly.
e. Daniel has written an equipment signout sheet and an equipment reservation form.
f. Daniel indicated the signup forms located on the Cable office door worked well.
g. Daniel noted a call received from a new resident asking for Comcast cable service. Comcast does not provide service to the Town of Douglas.
h. Many new programs are coming in.
5. Discussion took place on the Cable Coordinator review and wage recommendations. Tom indicated that all reviews were positive. Tom made the recommendation that Daniel receive a 3% COLA increase and a 2% increase similar to other employees’ step increases, for a total of 5%. Tom also recommended that the increase be retroactive to the anniversary of Daniel’s start date.
6. Motion made by Mitch, seconded by Carol, to increase the hourly wage of Daniel Harlow by 5% and to make that increase retroactive to the anniversary of his start date. Vote unanimous in favor. Tom will calculate the specific increase and work with the Town Accountant to determine the retroactive pay amount.
7. Tom noted that Rich Preston suggested the Committee discuss a Class Age Policy for his cable classes. The Committee agreed it was best to wait until the next meeting to get further input from Rich.
8. The order for the curtains previously approved is pending.
9. Fred recommended the purchase of a Sennheiser wireless microphone, based on prior discussions and his research.
10. Fred recommended the purchase of an XTRACam from Markertek, a fixed-mount camera to serve as a secondary (audience) camera for the Community Meeting Room, for the cost of $299.
11. Discussion took place on the possibility of adding a third Sony remote-operated camera to the Resource Room.
12. Motion made by Mitch, seconded by Fred, to purchase a Sennheiser Evolution G2 wireless microphone system for a maximum cost of $650. Vote unanimous in favor.
13. Motion made by Mitch, seconded by Fred, to purchase an XTRACam and appropriate cabling for the Community Resource Room for a maximum cost of $350. Vote unanimous in favor.
14. Tom noted a citizen’s complaint from resident Paula Brouillette regarding installation cost and timing on a long driveway. The Committee as a whole noted increasing issues, specifically with long driveway and location concerns. Mitch suggested we invite Bob Spain from Charter if issues cannot be resolved.
15. Motion made by Mitch, seconded by Fred to adjourn. Vote unanimous in favor.
16. Meeting adjourned at 8:27pm.
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:52 am

Return to Cable Advisory Committee Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests