Board of Selectmen - Douglas Windfarm Information
UPDATE: The most up to date information can now be found on this page, which is updated regularly by the Community Development department:
Douglas Wind Farm Reports
Information below was accurate at the dates and times indicated.
This page is to serve as an aggregate of information related to the windfarm proposal. Please bookmark this page and check back often for the most up-to-date information.
Files are PDF unless otherwise noted. Some files may be very large in size, thus may require some time to download.
- Application to the Zoning Board of Appeals, February 4, 2009
- Zoning Board of Appeals - final (approved) decision, May 6, 2009
- Locus Map 1, Locus Map 2 - Maps showing the area related to the proposed windfarm
- Wind Pamphlet - a pamphlet of information on wind energy, supplied by the applicant
- Letter from the Planning Board to the Zoning Board of Appeals regarding the application, February 10, 2009
- Point Breeze Meeting Announcement - a brief announcement of the informational meeting held by the applicant on March 11, 2009
- Wind Turbine Siting Handbook
- The presentation used by the applicant at the Point Breeze meeting on March 11, 2009. Similar presentations have been given at other meetings.
- Photo Simulations - a series of approximately thirty photo simulations showing wind turbines in place from many locations, as provided by the applicant.
- Photo Simulations II - five additional photo simulations provided after the April 16 ZBA meeting. [Added April 18, 2009]
- Photo Simulation Index - a single-page PDF, a satellite image of the area showing locations of all proposed wind turbines and the locations of all photo simulation sites (including those provided April 16, 2009). [Added April 18, 2009]
- Studies provided by the applicant:
- The Finance Committee reviewed article 6 of the November 16, 2009 Special Town Meeting (Windfarm project TIF) on November 10, 2009. Michael Daley of Financial Advisory Associates presented the draft Tax Increment Financing Agreement, on behalf of the Board of Selectmen. The information is available here:
- Meetings in which the proposal is discussed in length will be listed here.
- Finance Committee, November 10, 2009
- Zoning Board of Appeals, May 6, 2009
- Zoning Board of Appeals - April 30, 2009
- Zoning Board of Appeals - April 16, 2009
- Board of Selectmen - April 7, 2009
- Zoning Board of Appeals - April 2, 2009
- Zoning Board of Appeals - March 18, 2009
- Zoning Board of Appeals - February 19, 2009
- Board of Selectmen - January 13, 2009