- Record of Illinois Driver’s License*
- Illinois Identification Card Record*
- The applicant’s name and Social Security number must be visible on a pay stub or printed electronic deposit.
- Social Security Award Letter (only for the principal beneficiary)
- Social Security Card (issued by the Social Security Administration)
When applying for an Illinois driving license, you must present documentation of your legal name, written signature, birth date, legal status, Social Security number, and Illinois domicile. You’ll need one document that meets the requirements of each of these categories.
What are the documentation requirements for an Illinois driver’s license?
Drivers license documentation requirements in the state of Illinois In order to obtain an Illinois driver’s license/ID card, you must present approved pieces of identification that show your legal name, date of birth, Social Security number, domicile, and signature, among other information. Please keep the following in mind:
What do I need to renew my Illinois driver’s license?
An applicant for a renewal of a current Illinois driver’s license or identification card must produce the following documents: Applicant for DL/ID in the Standard Form Applicant for Driver’s License or Identification Card with REAL ID There is just one document that meets the requirements of Group A.There is just one document that meets the requirements of Group A.† If you are requesting an exception, you must provide one document from Group D.
- † If you’re requesting an address change, you’ll need two documents from Group D.
- address the issue of change
What do I need to bring to the DMV to get my license in Illinois?
To receive an Illinois driver’s license, you must meet the following requirements:
- Make an appointment with the Secretary of State, provide the relevant identity documents, and have your photograph taken
- You must surrender any and all valid out-of-state driver’s licenses, state identification cards, instruction permits, and commercial driver’s licenses that you have
- You must pay the required charge.
What forms of ID do you need to get your license in Illinois?
The Secretary of State Driver Services facility in Illinois will require citizens to present identification papers, their Social Security number, a written signature, and two documents demonstrating evidence of residency before a REAL ID may be issued.
What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
A deed/title, a mortgage, or a rental/lease agreement are all examples of legal documents.Insurance coverage (either for the homeowner or the renter).On official school letterhead, write your letter (dated within 90 days prior to application).
- The receipt of a medical claim or benefit statement from a private insurance company or a public (government) agency (dated within 90 days prior to application).
Do you need your birth certificate to get your license in Illinois?
For identification purposes, a passport, a birth certificate issued in the United States, a work authorization document, or a permanent residence card will be acceptable. Residents will also be required to submit documentation proving their Social Security number. A Social Security card, a W-2, or a pay stub with a Social Security number will all be recognized as forms of identification.
How do I get an Illinois driver’s license?
Adults in Illinois are required to have a driver’s license.
- Complete a 6-hour Adult Driver Education course that has been approved.
- A driver license can be obtained at a Secretary of State Driver Services location that offers First Time Issuance services for drivers licenses.
- Take a snapshot of yourself after presenting the relevant identity paperwork
- Fees must be paid as required.
What’s needed for driver’s license?
Alternatively, if you’re in Gauteng, you can complete the process online and bring your identification document, two black-and-white ID photographs (though it’s worth checking with your local testing center ahead of time to confirm how many they require), proof of address, and the requisite booking fee with you.
What documents count as proof of address?
- A valid driver’s license as proof of residence
- Receipt for Real Estate Taxes
- Posted mail with the applicant’s name on it
- A bill for utility services
- A lease agreement or a mortgage statement are examples of legal documents.
- Affidavit of Insurance
- Card of Registration to Vote
- Forms for Enrollment in College
Do you need your Social Security card to get your license in Illinois?
Is it possible to apply for an Illinois driver’s license without providing my Social Security number? A Social Security Number is not necessary in order to receive a Drivers License from the State of Illinois.
Do I need an appointment for the DMV Illinois?
According to White’s office, appointments will be necessary for customers who wish to apply for or renew REAL IDs, normal driver’s licenses and ID cards, as well as for consumers who wish to take behind-the-wheel road tests, at these locations.