The federal minimum wage is now set at $7.25 per hour, and 21 states, including Indiana, have chosen to adopt this rate as their own state minimum wage. Employers with two or more workers are required to pay their employees at least the state-mandated minimum wage in the state of Indiana.
What is the minimum wage in Indiana for 2022?
In the year 2022, what will the minimum wage in Indiana be? The federal minimum wage as well as the state minimum wage in Indiana are both set at $7.25 per hour. Employers with two or more workers are required to adhere to this minimum wage requirement.
What is the minimum wage in Indiana for 2017?
- The Indiana Minimum Wage for the Years 2017, 2018, and Beyond The hourly figure that constitutes the Indiana state minimum wage is $7.25.
- This is equivalent to the current hourly rate of the federal minimum wage.
- The majority of workers in Indiana are required to be paid at least the state-mandated minimum wage, with a few notable exclusions include those who are paid in tips, some student workers, and those in other exempt occupations.
What is the Indiana state minimum wage for tipped employees?
- It is required that tipped employees in the state of Indiana get a minimum pay of $2.13 per hour, with tips accounting for the remaining $5.12 to make the total amount equal to the Indiana state minimum wage.
- If you are hired as a new employee, you may be eligible for a training salary of $4.25 per hour for the first 90 days of your work; however, you must be less than 20 years old for this to apply to you.
Who is covered by the Indiana minimum wage law?
- A: The minimum wage and overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) apply to the vast majority of employers and employees in the state of Indiana.
- Those who do not fall under the purview of the FLSA may nevertheless be subject to the requirements of the Indiana Minimum Wage Law.
- Click this link for additional information on the differences between the Federal Minimum Wage and the Indiana State Minimum Wage.
What is minimum wage in Indiana right now?
The minimum wage in Indiana for 2021 and 2022. The hourly figure that constitutes the Indiana state minimum wage is $7.25. This is equivalent to the current hourly rate of the federal minimum wage.
What state has lowest minimum wage?
- The following list includes the 15 states having minimum wages that are lower than the federal level of $7.25 each: State of North Dakota
- State of New Hampshire
What state has the highest minimum wage?
- The ten states that will have the highest minimum wage rates in 2022 are as follows: Maine (tie), $12.75
- Arizona $12.80.
- New Jersey ties for 13 dollars
- Connecticut $13 (tie)
- $13.20 for New York City
- 8. the state of California, $14
- Massachusetts $14.25.
- $14.49 total for Washington. Since quite some time, Washington has been the state that sets the standard for other states to follow when it comes to high minimum salaries
How much does McDonald’s pay per hour in Indiana?
The hourly wages at McDonald’s range from roughly $9 for those working in the Drive Thru to $13 for those working in Engineering on average. The entire salary and benefits package at McDonald’s has a rating of three out of five stars from workers.
Where does Indiana rank in wages?
Total Number of Jobs and Salaries Paid Average Hourly Rate for Each Position in 2020
Who has the highest minimum wage in the world?
1. Australia. The minimum wage in Australia is set at 20.33 AUD per hour of labor, which is equivalent to around 14.54 USD to 14.60 USD. This salary applies to the majority of workers in Australia. As a result, Australia’s minimum wage is the highest of any country in the world.
What state has the highest minimum wage in 2021?
With the exception of Washington, District of Columbia, which has a minimum wage of $15.20 per hour, California’s is the highest in the US at $14 per hour. The state of Washington and the state of Massachusetts follow closely behind with hourly wages of $13.69 and $13.50, respectively.
Which state has the best paying jobs?
- The average salary in a state is often greater in states that have a higher cost of living. States with the Highest Average Incomes New York, with a median household income of $76,450
- $72,430 for the state of California
- $69,204 for the state of Washington
- $60,067 for the state of Maryland
- Alaska – $66,830
- $66,565 for the state of New Hampshire
What state has a minimum wage of $12?
State Minimum Wages
|State||Minimum Wage||Indexed Automatic Annual Adjustments|
|New Jersey||$13.00 12||Indexed annual increases based on the CPI beginning 2025. (2019 legislation)|
How much would you earn for a full time week of 40 hours at minimum wage in Georgia show your work?
A worker in Georgia who is employed full time at the state’s minimum wage and works 40 hours per week for 52 weeks per year would receive $58.00 per day, $290.00 per week, and $15,080.00 per year1 in salary.
What is Indiana minimum wage in 2021?
State Minimum Wage Rates
|State||2020 Minimum Wage||2021 Minimum Wage|
What is the living wage in Indiana?
Calculation of Living Wage for the State of Indiana
|1 ADULT||2 ADULTS (1 WORKING)|
|0 Children||2 Children|
What is the best hourly paying job?
- Orthodontists have one of the highest hourly pay rates.
- Executive director of creative operations
- Simultaneous interpreter.
- Analyst of consumer goods
- Artist working in commercial video effects