- Concordia is roughly 125 miles (201 kilometers) north of Wichita, 149 miles (240 kilometers) southwest of Omaha, and 169 miles (272 kilometers) west-northwest of Kansas City.
- It is located in the center of Kansas near the intersection of U.S.
- Route 81 and K-9.
- The city covers a total area of 4.32 square miles (11.19 square kilometers), all of which is land, as reported by the United States Census Bureau.
What is Concordia Kansas known for?
- Concordia, Kansas, which was established in 1871 and is now a significant economic and cultural hub in the region’s north-central Kansas, is located on the Republican River in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains.
- In addition to a number of other destinations of interest, Concordia is the location of the Cloud County Community College, the Nazareth Convent and Academy, and the Brown Grand Theatre.
What was the original county seat of Concordia County?
- Rochester was picked to be the county seat; yet, after this decision was made, Rochester was completely neglected.
- James M.
- Hagaman, the man who would go on to build Concordia, moved his family to a plot of land in 1867 that was located on the south river bank halfway between the east and west county limits.
- His homestead was going to be incorporated into the city of Concordia’s northern section.
What is Concordia Kansas known for?
- Cawker City, Kansas is home to the world’s largest ball of twine, while Goodland is home to a gigantic Van Gogh painting.
- Both of these enormous attractions may be found in Kansas.
- The wall at Concordia is rather large, and it is the longest sculpted brick mural in the United States.
- It takes up the entirety of one side of the building that houses the Cloud County Historical Society Museum Annex and Tourism Office.
Is Concordia Kansas a good place to live?
If you are searching for a smaller town that has a really friendly attitude and is relatively priced, Concordia is an excellent option for you to consider as a potential new home. In Concordia, there are a significant number of family-owned companies that contribute to the growth of the downtown landscape. It’s a terrific spot to raise a family because of how adorable the town is.
Who founded Concordia Kansas?
James M. Hagaman is credited with establishing the city. One of the early proponents of the city was from Concordia, Missouri, which led to the selection of the name ″Concordia″ for the community. The Republican Land District Office was inaugurated on January 16, 1871, marking the day that Concordia was formally incorporated as a municipality.
What was the orphan train in Kansas?
- In memory of the almost 250,000 orphaned children who were transported by train from eastern cities to new homes between the years 1854 and 1929, the Complex was built.
- Thousands of people traveled to the Midwest, especially the state of Kansas, in the hopes of having a loving upbringing.
- It must have been terrifying for a lot of people to have to abandon their homes and families in search of new ones.
What is the history of Concordia Kansas?
- A United States Land Office was founded in Concordia in September of 1870, and on January 16, 1871, it first opened its doors to the public for operations.
- Instantaneously, Concordia evolved into a bustling metropolis.
- A plat of Concordia was submitted to the registrar of deeds on the 30th day of the first month of 1871.
- On August 7, 1872, Concordia was formally established as a town and given its name.
What is the crime rate in Concordia Kansas?
- There is a one in 47 probability that a person in Concordia may become a victim of either a violent crime or a property crime.
- According to the data provided by the FBI, Concordia is not one of the safest localities in the United States.
- In comparison to the rest of Kansas, Concordia has a greater rate of criminal activity than 74% of all of the cities and towns in Kansas, regardless of size.
What county is CD in Kansas?
In the U.S. state of Kansas, you’ll find the county known as Cloud County, which has the county code CD. The population of the county as per the census taken in the year 2020 was 9,032. Concordia is the county seat as well as the most populated city in this area.