Where can I donate old suitcases?
Best place to donate used luggage
- Foster Care Agencies – Our top suggestion is to search online for nearby foster care agencies in your area, give them your old luggage.
- Homeless Shelters/Women’s Shelters – Another great cause is homeless/women’s shelters.
Can I donate suitcases to Goodwill?
One option is to donate it to an organization that helps foster kids. Other organizations you can check out are Luggage of Love and Bags4Kids. If there aren’t any locations in your area, check local shelters for women and the homeless, or even Goodwill.
How do I donate a suitcase to foster care?
Donate gift cards or gently used luggage to children in foster care: (707) 565-6350.
Where can I donate my baby in Los Angeles?
Donation Centers that are now Open (many for contactless drop-off)
- Goodwill Southern California.
- The Salvation Army.
- Union Rescue Mission.
- Toberman Neighborhood Center.
- Good+ Foundation.
- MEND – Meet Each Need with Dignity.
- Children’s Institute, Inc.
- Upward Bound House.
What can I do with unwanted suitcases?
Local chapters of Goodwill and AAA often partner up to offer vouchers in exchange for your used luggage. If your old luggage is too far gone to donate, there are some creative ways to keep it out of the landfill. An old suitcase can easily be converted into a dog bed, a toy box, or a sewing kits.
What can you do with old suitcases?
You can use a vintage suitcase to make an original cupboard. You can add shelves, hooks and anything else you want. You can use the cupboard to store books, cleaning supplies, maybe even glasses and wine bottles.
What items does goodwill not accept?
Goodwill DOES NOT accept these items
- Any item needing repair, except computers.
- Ammunition, weapons, including replicas.
- Automotive parts, including tires, batteries, motors.
- Baby gear, including furniture, car seats, strollers, high chairs, etc.
- Box springs and mattresses.
- Bowling balls.
Do foster care agencies want luggage?
Yes. Some foster care agencies may have a need for luggage for kids, but not all do. And if you make a donation, please be mindful that 20-year-old, ripped or stained luggage does not do any more to help with self-esteem than a trash bag does.
What’s in a comfort case?
Comfort Cases are backpacks filled with brand new items including pajamas, socks, a blanket, a stuffed animal, a hygiene kit, a dental kit, and other age-appropriate supplies. Each Comfort Case is meant to provide comfort and the essentials for a child’s first night in foster care.
Is Together we rise a good charity?
Together We Rise is a great organization that offers volunteer opportunities for normal people to get involved. They change the way kids experience foster care by replacing trash bags with duffel bags, giving children new bicycles, and providing the largest scholarship in the system.
Does goodwill take glassware?
Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances. Collectibles, antiques, knickknacks and other giftware. Hand tools and small power tools. Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
Where can I get free baby stuff near me?
Places that give away free baby stuff to low income families
- Baby2Baby. Official website: http://baby2baby.org/national-network/
- National Diaper Bank Network.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Feeding America.
- Cribs for Kids.
- Help a Mother Out.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- United Way Worldwide.
Where can I donate clothes for the homeless in Los Angeles?
Best Donate Clothing in Los Angeles, CA
- The Midnight Mission. 4.5 mi. 71 reviews.
- Downtown Women’s Center. 4.6 mi. 31 reviews.
- Dress For Success. 3.8 mi. 8 reviews.
- L.A. ROAD Thrift Store. 6.2 mi. 106 reviews.
- My Friend’s Place. 2.8 mi.
- Good Shepherd Center For Homeless Women. 3.3 mi.
- Goodwill Southern California Retail Store. 1.4 mi.
- Assistance League of Los Angeles. 1.8 mi.
Where can I donate clothing that will not be sold?
The Best National Organizations to Donate Your Clothes
- American Red Cross. The American Red Cross is one of the oldest and most well-respected charity organizations in America.
- Dress for Success.
- Room to Grow.
- Salvation Army.
- Project G.L.A.M.
- One Warm Coat.