The most common departments are Licensing and Zoning. Inquire about the costs that must be paid in order to obtain a business license in your area. The majority of business licenses in Illinois cost between $20 and $100, although the actual fee depends on the kind of your firm and the geographic area in which it will conduct business.
What Kind of Business Licensing Do I Require?
|BUSINESS SECTOR/Activity||LICENSE TYPE||LICENSE APPLICATION FEE / 2 YEARS|
|Debt Collections – Complete Requirements||Regulated Business||$250|
|Dry Cleaner||Regulated Business||$250|
|General Retail Sales and Services||Limited Business||$250|
How much does a business license cost in Chicago?
The cost of obtaining a business license in Chicago may be rather expensive, ranging from $165 for a day care center to as much as $6,600 for caterers operating outside of the city’s boundaries. Business licenses are required by the City of Aurora for a variety of enterprises, including liquor establishments, pawn shops, second-hand stores, home-based day cares, and others.
How do I apply for a business license in Illinois?
Form REG-1, Illinois Business Registration Application, should be completed and mailed to us at the address listed on the file (Form REG-1 is also accessible on our website as a fill-in and savable PDF form). Registration forms can also be obtained by phoning us at 1 800 356-6302; or by visiting one of our locations in person.
How many business licenses do I need in Illinois?
When it comes to Illinois company licenses, there are a variety of circumstances to consider; some firms do not require a license, while others require at least one and maybe many permits and licenses to operate. The standards differ based on where the business is located in relation to the city or county in which it is located.
How much does it cost to incorporate in Illinois?
There are fees involved with incorporating in Illinois. There is a franchise tax which is $1.50 per $1,000 on the paid-in capital with a minimum tax of $25. The charge to incorporate in Illinois is $125.00 plus an extra fee for expedited filings.
How do I get a small business license in Illinois?
The Procedures for Obtaining a Business License in the State of Illinois
- OPTION 1: File a tax return online with MyTax Illinois.
- OPTION 2: Submit an application by mail or in person.
- There is no fee.
- The Central Registration Division of the Illinois Department of Revenue can be reached by mail at the address below. Springfield, IL 62794-9030
- P.O. Box 19030
- Springfield, IL 62794-9030
- Regional Offices of the Department of Revenue are the location of this office.
How much does it cost to start a business in Illinois?
For the formation of an Illinois company, there is a $150 filing cost plus franchise tax (with a minimum of $25) and an optional $100 expedite charge. If you file online, you will be asked to pay an expedite charge. On the paid-in capital represented in this state, the franchise tax is determined as $1.50 per $1,000 of paid-in capital.
Does an LLC need a business license in Illinois?
- Illinois does not issue business licenses at the state level, but you may be required to get licenses and permissions from local governments, which may be enforced at the county, city, and local levels across the state.
- Please contact your county, city, and/or municipality for more information: Contact the county, city, and/or municipality in where your LLC will be conducting business if you don’t already have one.
How long does it take to get a business license in Illinois?
If you complete and submit in Form REG-1 to us, please anticipate 6 to 8 weeks for processing to take place. If you are eligible, you will get your certificate of registration as well as your taxpayer identification number (often known as your ″tax″ number) in the mail.
How much is an LLC in Illinois?
An Illinois limited liability corporation (LLC) can be formed online for a fee of $150. When the LLC’s Articles of Organization are filed with the Illinois Secretary of State, this fee is paid to the Secretary of State.
Do I need a business license if I have an LLC?
- Forming an LLC is not required in most places, but you must adhere to the rules and regulations of your state in order to be successful.
- A limited liability company (LLC) must be registered with the state and submit the necessary paperwork.
- However, even though you do not require a business license to create an LLC, you will almost certainly require one if you intend to operate the LLC as a company.
How much is an EIN number in Illinois?
The application for an EIN for your LLC is completely free ($0). The application for an EIN for your Illinois limited liability company is absolutely free. When you apply for an EIN, there are no fees or charges assessed by the IRS.
How do I start my own business in Illinois?
How to Begin a Business in the State of Illinois
- Decide on a business concept.
- Make a decision on the legal structure.
- Make a decision on a name.
- Create a legal entity for your business.
- Licenses and permits must be obtained.
- Choose a location for your business and research zoning regulations.
- Examine your tax reporting and registration requirements.
- Obtain insurance coverage
How do I register my business in Illinois?
How to Create a Corporation in the State of Illinois
- Choose a name for your company.
- Incorporate your business by filing Articles of Incorporation.
- Designate a Registered Agent.
- Prepare the bylaws of the corporation.
- Appoint directors and convene the first meeting of the board.
- Annual Report must be filed.
- Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Do you need a business license to sell online in Illinois?
The Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) requires that the majority of businesses in the state be registered and/or licensed. In order to recruit people, purchase or sell products wholesale or retail, or produce things, you must first get an IDOR registration with the Department of Labor.
What is better LLC or sole proprietorship?
A sole proprietorship is advantageous for enterprises that operate on a small scale, generate little profit, and pose little risk. A sole proprietorship does not provide you with any protection for your personal assets. A limited liability company (LLC) is the ideal option for the majority of small business owners since LLCs can safeguard your personal assets.
Do you need a business license to sell online?
The quick answer to the question of whether or not a business license is required for internet selling is that it is. A business license is required for online selling, and it is a critical component of establishing your company as genuine and lawful in the eyes of the law.
How do start my own business?
- Market research should be carried out. Market research will inform you whether or not there is a chance for your concept to become a successful company venture.
- Create a business strategy for your company.
- Obtain financing for your company.
- Choose a location for your company.
- Select a business structure for your company.
- Select a business name for your company.
- Create an account for your company.
- Obtain your federal and state tax identification numbers.
How do you obtain a business license?
How to Obtain a Business License in the U.S.
- Create a legal entity for your business. An official business license in the name of your company will be required.
- Employers should apply for an Employer Tax Identification Number (ETIN).
- Make a decision on the license(s) you require.
- Make an application for a business license.
- Renewal of your business license is required.
How much does a DBA cost in Illinois?
- The filing fees in Illinois vary from year to year and are determined by the kind of filing: Adopting a fictitious identity: There is a $150 filing fee for each year ending in a zero or five; $120 for years ending in one or six; $90 for years ending in two or seven; $60 for years ending in three or eight; and $30 for years ending in four or nine; and $150 for each year ending in zero or five.