The nation has a land area of 69,700 square kilometers (26,900 square miles) and a population of 3.7 million people. It has a population of 3.7 million people (excluding the Russian-occupied Georgian territories). Georgia is a representative democracy that is administered as a unitary parliamentary republic under the United Nations Charter.
What are the demographics of Georgia?
- Georgia has over 9.68 million people (2010 census), accounting for slightly more than 3 percent of the total population of the United States.
- The demographics of Georgia include the ninth most populous state in the United States, with over 9.68 million people (2010 census), accounting for slightly more than 3 percent of the total population of the United States.
- Georgia’s population, according to the United States Census Bureau, was 9,815,210 on July 1, 2011, representing a 1.32 percent growth since the 2010 United States Census, according to the bureau.
What was the population of Georgia in 2011?
Georgia’s population, according to the United States Census Bureau, was 9,815,210 on July 1, 2011, representing a 1.32 percent growth since the 2010 United States Census, according to the bureau.
What is the largest city in Georgia?
Atlanta, a’beta (+)’global city, serves as both the state’s capital and the state’s most populous metropolis. The Atlanta metropolitan region, which is expected to have a population of more than 6 million people in 2019, is the ninth most populous metropolitan area in the United States and encompasses around 57 percent of the whole population of Georgia.
What is the population of Georgia 2020?
- Georgia’s official population, according to the United States Census Bureau, was 10,711,908 as of the 2020 United States Census, according to the Bureau.
- This was an increase of 1,024,255 residents, or 10.57 percent, over the previous year’s total of 9,687,653 persons.
- Immigration resulted in a net rise of 228,415 people, while internal migration resulted in a net increase of 378,258 people in the nation.
Is Georgia a poor country?
Georgia’s Poverty Statistics It is estimated that 19.5 percent of the population in Georgia lives below the federal poverty level in 2019.
What percentage of Atlanta is black?
According to the most current American Community Survey, the racial makeup of Atlanta was as follows: Black or African American: 50.95 percent of the total
What is the population of Georgia 2021?
According to the results of the 2020 Census, the population of Georgia in 2020 will be 10,711,908 people. Georgia’s population is expected to reach 10.7 million by 2021, according to current estimates.
What percent of GA is black?
|White alone, percent|| 60.2%|
|Black or African American alone, percent(a)|| 32.6%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a)|| 0.5%|
|Asian alone, percent(a)|| 4.4%|
What is Georgia’s main source of income?
Individual income taxes are Georgia’s most important source of revenue, accounting for between 40 and 45 percent of the state’s overall revenue.
What’s the blackest city in America?
With over 2.3 million individuals registering as Black, New York City was the most populous city, followed by Chicago with 1.1 million and Detroit, Philadelphia, and Houston with between 500,000 and 1 million people apiece.
What is the male to female ratio in Atlanta Georgia?
Atlanta (Georgia) Demographic Facts and Figures
|21 years and over||299,224||71.8|
|62 years and over||48,214||11.6|
What is the blackest state in America?
Texas has the greatest Black population in the United States with 3,936,669, roughly 14 percent of Texas’s total population. Texas is the second-most diverse state in the U.S. Following Texas is Florida with 3,867,495 (18 percent ), New York with 3,763,977 (19 percent ), and Georgia with 3,549,349 (34 percent ). (34 percent ).
What is the most overpopulated state?
California had the greatest resident population in the United States in 2021, with 39.24 million people, making it the most populous state in the country.
|Characteristic||Number of residents in millions|
Where do most Georgians live in the United States?
In the United States, there are various concentrations of Georgians, including the New York metropolitan region (particularly in Connecticut), the Chicago area, the Portland, Oregon, and San Francisco areas, as well as the Washington metropolitan area and the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, among others.
What state has the most black population?
Texas has the highest proportion of African-Americans of any state. With more than 3.9 million Black individuals in the state of Texas in 2019, the state has the biggest Black population in the whole United States. With a population of 3.8 million people, Florida is the second most populous state, while Georgia is home to 3.6 million Black people.
Is Georgia a good place to live?
- With over 100,000 new inhabitants moving to Georgia each year, it is clear that this state is one of the greatest locations to live in the United States.
- Other states’ main cities are overrated and pricey, and so are ours!
- People adore our laid-back atmosphere, delicious food, and pure air, among other things.
- You may come down here and take a stroll through a park or explore a historic Georgia town..
What is the largest race in Georgia?
The White population in Georgia continues to be the most populous racial category, and it includes the 60.4 percent of Hispanics who self-identify as White, according to the most recent data.
Where does Georgia rank in poverty?
With a poverty rate of 16.9 percent, Georgia is ranked 42nd in the world (poverty rankings by state). Georgia’s poverty rate is 14.6 percent, which is slightly higher than the national average of 14.6 percent.