- Except for the state of Vermont, concealed carry permits from all other states are recognized and honored in Indiana.
- This includes the District of Columbia, New York City, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- A concealed carry permit issued by the state of Indiana is valid in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado (21+ and resident only), Florida (21+ and resident only), Georgia (21+), Idaho (21+), Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana (21+), Maine, Michigan (21+ and resident only), Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina (21+), North Dakota, Ohio (21+), Oklahoma, Pennsylvania (21+ and resident only), South Dakota, Tennessee (21+),
- The following states have agreements in place whereby they recognize or honor permits or licenses issued by the state of Indiana: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
How many states can you carry a concealed firearm in Indiana?
Although Indiana recognizes and respects the concealed carry permits issued by all other states and territories, handgun permit holders from Indiana are only permitted to carry their firearms in 32 other states. The most recent revision of this material was made in January of 2019. Can I receive a permit to carry a concealed weapon in the state of Indiana?
Which states will honor my concealed carry permit?
- These states will honor all concealed carry permits issued in the United States: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Michigan These states will only honor resident permits: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, States that provide some kind of reciprocity
How do I get a concealed carry permit in Indiana?
- Over 870,000 concealed carry permits have been issued throughout the state of Indiana by the Indiana State Police.
- The age requirement to carry a concealed weapon in Indiana is 18, and 32 other states have reciprocity with Indiana.
- Due to Indiana’s strict gun restrictions, anybody who want to carry a concealed weapon must first get a permission from the Indiana State Police.
In order to receive a permission, a person must demonstrate that they satisfy the following requirements:
What states have a concealed carry program in India?
INDIANA’S CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY MAP INCLUDES (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO) THE FOLLOWING STATES: Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas Colorado Florida Georgia Idaho Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Michigan Mississippi Missouri Montana State of New Hampshire North Carolina (US state) State of North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Pennsylvania State of South Dakota Tennessee
Is my Indiana gun permit valid in Illinois?
Regarding reciprocity, the state of Illinois does not recognize concealed carry weapons licenses issued by any other state. To be in possession of a firearm or ammunition in Illinois, people are required to hold a Firearm Owners Identification Card, sometimes known as a FOID.
Can I carry a gun in Ohio with an Indiana permit?
Regardless of the permittee’s age, Ohio will recognize valid licenses that have been issued by any other state or local government. As long as a reciprocity agreement between Ohio and the other state is in effect, a citizen of Ohio who carries a concealed handgun under the license of another state is permitted to do so within Ohio.
What States Can I carry my gun?
- States that Carry the Constitution This opens the door for anybody who is legally allowed to carry a firearm to do so without the need for a permit.
- The states of Alaska (only residents are allowed to carry firearms), Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont (does not issue licenses), West Virginia (only citizens are allowed to carry firearms), and Wyoming are all part of the Constitutional Carry states.
Does Florida Honor Indiana concealed carry?
- Licenses and permits to carry a concealed weapon are valid in Florida if they were issued by any of the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota, North
Does Virginia honor Indiana gun permit?
THE CITY OF INDIANAPOLIS – The state of Virginia, along with 24 other states, will no longer acknowledge the validity of handgun permits issued by the state of Indiana. Mark Herring, the Attorney General of Virginia, made the announcement on Tuesday, citing an audit that was done to see whether the laws of other states were consistent with Virginia’s.
Where in Indiana can you not carry a concealed weapon?
School Property (reference IC 35-47-9), Airports and Aircraft (reference IC 35-47-6), and Riverboat Casinos are only few of the particular locations in Indiana where it is illegal to possess a handgun. However, this list is not exhaustive (reference 68 IAC 1-7-1).
Does South Carolina recognize Indiana concealed carry?
Carry-On Destinations If you have a South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit or a license or permit from another state that South Carolina acknowledges, then you are permitted to carry a concealed or open handgun beginning on August 15, 2021.
Can I conceal carry in Illinois with Indiana permit?
No, concealed carry licenses issued by other states are not recognized in the state of Illinois. On the other hand, a resident of another state who is traveling through Illinois and who possesses a concealed carry license that is valid in their home state is permitted to carry a concealed handgun within a vehicle while they are doing so.
Can you carry a loaded gun in your car without a permit?
Without the proper permits and licenses, you are not allowed to transport a loaded pistol in any type of vehicle.
Can you carry a gun across state lines?
Travel across State Lines According to section 926A of Title 18 of the United States Code, it is permissible for any citizen of the United States to transport firearms legally from one state to another so long as they are authorized to possess firearms in both the state from which they originate and the state to which they are traveling.
What concealed carry permit is recognized by the most states?
At this time, the state concealed carry permit from Ohio enjoys the maximum recognition possible, since it is honored in 38 other states. Obtaining licenses from a number of different states is your best bet if you want to expand the number of states in which you are allowed to carry a concealed weapon.
Does Georgia recognize Indiana concealed carry permit?
- ″Georgia will recognize the weapons carry licenses, both resident and non-resident, from any other state provided that that state also acknowledges a Georgia license,″ states the Georgia Department of Law.
- ″Georgia will recognize the weapons carry licenses, both resident and non-resident.″ The following states are included among those that are regarded as having reciprocity: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, and Florida ,
Can you carry a gun in a bar in Indiana?
In point of fact, with very few notable exemptions, it is not only permissible but also legally lawful to carry a handgun in almost any public location in the state of Indiana, such as a restaurant or a bar. Beer can be enjoyed by gun owners who are also carrying a firearm, provided that they do not become intoxicated.
Which states honor Indiana gun permit?
What is the most friendly state for conceled carry?
– Hawaii, followed by California, then New York, Maryland, and finally New Jersey
What states allow citizens to carry concealed weapons?
- United States: District of Columbia
- The Big Apple
- State of South Carolina