Located in Garfield County in the state of Colorado, the Town of Parachute is a self-governing town in the United States. At the time of the 2010 census, the population was 1,085 people. Libby was born in this village, and he went on to win the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1960 for his work there.
Where is the town of parachute?
Located in Garfield County in the state of Colorado, the Town of Parachute is a Statutory Town in the United States.
What is the population of parachute Texas?
At the time of the 2000 census, the population was 1,006 people. At 39°27′6′′N 108°3′6′′W / 39.45167°N 108.05167°W / 39.45167; -108.05167, Parachute is a town in the U.S. state of California (39.451732, -108.051530).
What are the best things to do in parachute?
- Reviews, ratings, photographs, and popularity statistics from Tripadvisor were used to rank things to do in San Francisco.
- Parachute Branch Library, located in Parachute Battlement Mesa Golf Course, No.
- 2 3.
- The Hangout Sports Bar & Grill (also known as The Hangout Sports Bar & Grill).
- The Grand Valley Recreation Center is number four.
- What are the most popular tourist attractions in Parachute?
Is Parachute Colorado a safe place to live?
- When it comes to safety, Parachute is in the 13th percentile, which means that 87 percent of cities are safer and 13 percent of cities are more dangerous than Parachute.
- Only the appropriate bounds of Parachute are considered in this study.
- For a list of surrounding cities, see the table on nearby locations below.
- During a typical year in Parachute, the rate of crime is 55.20 per 1,000 people, according to the FBI.
What is parachute Colorado known for?
- Parachute, Colorado is a town in the United States state of Colorado.
- Recreational activities including as hunting and rafting are particularly popular in the Parachute region, which is also convenient to Glenwood Springs and its famous hot springs.
- It’s also close to the Colorado National Monument, which is located in nearby Grand Junction.
- There are two places to stay in town, as well as two places to eat in town.
What mountain range is in Parachute Colorado?
The Mamm Peaks are roughly 8 miles south of Rifle in the White River National Forest, and are a popular hiking destination. These facilities can be reached via several different routes and routes of access. The Battlement Trail, which leads from the west to the Mamm Peak roadless region and the Battlement Reservoirs, provides access to these destinations.
What industry is in Parachute Colorado?
Retail Trade (94 people employed), Construction (84 people employed), and Health Care & Social Assistance (78 people employed) are the most populous and highest paying industries in Parachute, CO, while Manufacturing ($63,438), Utilities ($61,750), and Public Administration ($56,023) are the lowest paying.
What do you do with a parachute?
- Located on the Western Slope of the Rockies, Parachute is a reasonably priced spot to stay while taking advantage of the greatest outdoor sports the region has to offer. Skiing and snowboarding
- cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
- ice fishing and ice climbing
- ice fishing and ice climbing
How did Rifle Colorado get its name?
It is said that a trapper once abandoned his rifle near a creek in the area, which gave the city its name. Since since, the city has been referred to simply as Rifle. Rifle was formally incorporated into the state of Colorado in 1905, after being founded by Abram Maxfield in 1882.
Why is it called Battlement Mesa?
Battlement Mesa, a basalt-topped mesa that rises to 11,000 feet (3,400 meters) above sea level and is to the south of the town, inspired the town’s name.
What is the approximate location of parachute?
- At 39°27′6′′N 108°3′6′′W / 39.45167°N 108.05167°W / 39.45167; -108.05167, Parachute is a town in the U.S.
- state of California (39.451732, -108.051530).
- As reported by the United States Census Bureau, the town encompasses a total land area of 1.2 square miles (3.2 km2), of which 1.2 square miles (3.1 km2) is comprised of land and 0.1 square miles (0.1 km2) is comprised of water (4.07 percent).
Where are the hottest homes for sale in Parachute Colorado?
Properties for sale in Parachute, Colorado are on the market for an average of days. There are 107 current homes for sale in Parachute, Colorado. Bass Lake Estates, Wild Horse, Latham Park, West Collbran, and Hay Meadows are just a few of the popular communities in and around Parachute, Colorado.
How much does it cost to buy a house in parachute?
- Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Parachute, Colorado.
- Homes for Sale in Parachute, CO have a typical listing price of $245,000 and a price per square foot of $152, making it one of the most expensive places to live in the state.
- Properties for sale in Parachute, Colorado are on the market for an average of days.
- There are 107 current homes for sale in Parachute, Colorado.
- Bass Lake Estates, Wild Horse, and other popular Parachute, CO neighborhoods include Bass Lake Estates, Wild Horse, and others.