- The state of Maryland will have a minimum wage of $11.00 per hour in 2020.
- The state’s mandatory minimum wage in Maryland has been steadily becoming higher on an annual basis.
- The price was $10.10 in 2018, and it did not change at all from 2018 through 2019.
- This figure is projected to keep climbing over the next four years, first reaching $11.60 in 2021 and then moving on to $12.20 the following year.
What is the minimum wage in Maryland in 2021?
What will the minimum wage in Maryland be in the year 2021? The hourly minimum wage in the state of Maryland will increase to between $11.60 and $11.75 on January 1, 2021. The county of Montgomery pays its employees a minimum wage that is between $13.50 and $15 per hour. The State of Maryland’s Minimum Wage Rates
When will the minimum wage increase in 2020?
It is a progressive increase, and the first increase will take effect tomorrow, January 1, 2020, when the minimum wage will go to $11 per hour for all employees. As a reminder, the following are the increases that will apply to businesses who have 15 or more employees: The following are the minimum wages that must be paid by businesses with 14 or fewer employees:
Is the minimum wage in Maryland higher than other states?
- Although Maryland’s minimum wage is greater than the majority of other states’, the federal minimum wage is still in effect in 21 states.
- The minimum wage in Maryland increased by $0.75 on January 1, 2021, taking it from $11.00 per hour to $11.75 per hour.
- This is a big rise, especially when taking into consideration that the minimum wage in Maryland did not see any increases in either of the two previous years.
What is the minimum wage in Montgomery County MD?
- There are several local governments in Maryland, such as Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, that have their own minimum wage rules that are higher than those of the state.
- Firms with more than 50 workers are required to pay $13 per hour in Montgomery County, whereas employers with 50 workers or fewer are only have to pay $12.50 per hour.
- On July 1, 2020, these fees will become more expensive.