Athens / ˈeɪθənz / AY-thənz is a city in southern Menard County, Illinois, United States. The population was 1,988 at the 2010 census, and 1,921 at a 2018 estimate. It is part of the Springfield, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area. Pop.
Where is New Athens in Illinois?
- Clair County, Illinois, location of New Athens (38.32278 degrees North, 89.87472 degrees West) / 38.32278°N 89.87472°W / 38.32278; -89.87472 / 38.32278°N 89.87472°W / 38.32278°N 89.87472°W / 38.32278°N 89.87472 For further locations with the name ″Athens,″ see Athens, Illinois as well as the Athens (disambiguation) article.
- The village of New Athens, pronounced ″eenz,″ is located in St.
Clair County, Illinois, in the United States.
What was the population of Athens Illinois in 2000?
The population was estimated to be 1,778 in 2009, up from 1,726 at the time of the census in 2000. It is included in the Metropolitan Statistical Area that encompasses Springfield, Illinois. Athens may be found at 39°57′41′′ North and 89°43′29′′ West, or more specifically at 39.96139° North and 89.72472° West (39.961476, -89.724585).
Where is Athens located?
- Athens can refer to either the city proper, also known as the Municipality of Athens, Greater Athens, or the urban region, or it can refer to the broader Athens Metropolitan Area.
- On Herodou Attikou Street is the Presidential Mansion, which was once known as the Crown Prince Palace.
- On Herodou Attikou Street may be found the Maximos Mansion, which serves as the official office of the Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic.
Is Athens Il safe?
- When it comes to safety, Athens is ranked in the 65th percentile, which indicates that just 35 percent of cities are safer, while 65 percent of cities are more hazardous.
- Only the proper limits of Athens are taken into consideration in this research.
- Check out the table on adjacent locations that we’ve provided below for information on surrounding cities.
During a typical year, the rate of criminal activity in Athens is 21.11 incidents for per 1,000 people.
Is Athens Il in Sangamon County?
Zip Code 62613 Description The majority of the population of the 62613 zip code lives in Menard County. There are additional parts of the 62613 zip code that are situated in Sangamon County. ATHENS, Illinois is the name that the United States Postal Service has designated for the 62613 zip code.
Which city is known as New Athens?
Athens is the historical name of the city that is now known as New Athens, which is located on the Kaskaskia River. The community was first mapped out in 1836, and it did not become an official municipality until 1866. New Athens is located in Illinois.
|Elevation||430 ft (130 m)|
|Density||925.66/sq mi (357.35/km2)|
Is Atlanta Illinois in Mclean County?
The city of Atlanta, which was once known as Xenia, may be found in Logan County, Illinois, in the United States. At the time of the census in 2010, there were 1,692 people living there.