- Accommodation Options in New York City (12 Best Places, By a Local) The middle of Midtown Manhattan
- Upper East Side
- Upper West Side
- Downtown Financial Center
- Greenwich Village
- Long Island City (in the borough of Queens)
- Williamsburg (Brooklyn)
Where to stay in New York for the first time?
- When visiting New York City for the first time, the best neighborhood to stay in is Midtown (Manhattan).
- The Lower East Side and South of Houston (Manhattan) 3.
- The East Village in Manhattan is the place to stay if you want to be close to the action in New York City.
- Greenwich Village & Chelsea (Manhattan) 5.
- Upper East Side (Manhattan) 6.
- Williamsburg, Virginia (Brooklyn) 7.
- Long Island City (Queens) – Locations Offering Affordable Stays in New York City
What is the best neighborhood to stay in NYC?
- 1 You should stay in the Midtown area on your first trip to New York.
- 2 The Upper East Side is perfect for those who enjoy shopping, visiting museums, and other upscale pursuits.
- 3 Chelsea and Greenwich Village are the perfect neighborhoods for romantics in New York.
- 4 Soho and the Lower East Side are perfect for hipsters and anyone looking for unique places to hang out.
- 5 Queens is an excellent option for budget-conscious vacationers.
Where to go in New York City?
- In New York, this is the location you go to see and be seen by other people.
- Williamsburg, which is located in the middle of Brooklyn, is easily accessible from the rest of New York City and has excellent connections to Manhattan.
- It is home to a wide variety of restaurants, stores, pubs, and other entertainment venues, including trendy tattoo parlors and rooftop terraces with a rustic atmosphere.
What are the best places to stay on Long Island?
The neighborhood of Long Island City itself is home to a number of notable attractions, including the acclaimed MoMA PS1 museum as well as Silvercup Studios. The Q4 Hotel is the best of the hostels. Hostel has some of the most affordable room prices in New York City, tidy and clean dormitories, modest but stylish double rooms, shared kitchen, and other amenities.
What is the safest area to stay in New York City?
- New York is often regarded as one of the safest major cities in the United States, and this perception is typically accurate.
- However, for those who are worried, the Lincoln Center neighborhood as well as the Upper East and Upper West sides, which are known for their peaceful residential areas, are good options for lodging.
- In comparison to them, the costs on the Upper West Side are more modest.
Where should you not stay in NYC?
- These are the New York City streets that New Yorkers go out of their way to avoid: 23rd Street
- The Garment District’s several streets
- All of the streets around Herald Square, with the exception of 34th Street
- 23rd to the 50th Streets, between Eighth and Ninth Avenues
- Between 36th and 42nd streets on Avenue of the Americas
- 125th Street East in Harlem
- The section of the Fifth Avenue that spans between 15th and 19th Streets
What part of New York City should I visit?
Your first trip to New York should definitely take you to Midtown. The Upper East Side is perfect for those who enjoy shopping, visiting museums, and living a luxurious lifestyle. The neighborhoods of Chelsea and Greenwich Village are perfect for the romantics of New York. Hipsters and those on the lookout for cool will feel right at home in Soho and the Lower East Side.
Is it better to stay in Manhattan or Brooklyn?
My advice would be to stay in Manhattan rather than Brooklyn if this is your first trip to New York City or if you just plan to be there for a short amount of time. The reason for this is because the bulk of significant landmarks are found in the borough of Manhattan. In addition, nightlife, retail, and entertainment options in Manhattan are among the best in the world.
Is it better to stay in Midtown or Times Square?
Midtown is the place to stay in New York City whether it’s your first time there or if you just have a short amount of time there. It is surrounded by the boundless energy that is characteristic of New York City, is within walking distance of Central Park, and is located in the most central part of the city. We must admit that the area around Times Square may be somewhat daunting at times.
How many days do you need in New York?
If it’s your first time in New York City, you should plan to spend exactly 5 days there. You can squeeze in three days in New York City, but it won’t be enough, and you’ll have to visit the city once more after that. Even if you only have one day to spend in New York City, it is possible to see Manhattan.
What is the best month to visit New York City?
Both visitors and locals agree that the fall and spring seasons are the ideal times to visit, and you can anticipate nice temperatures during the months of April to June and September till November. The greatest times to visit are in the fall and spring.
Is it safe to walk around Manhattan at night?
Even Harlem and Alphabet City are perfectly fine for strolling around during the day in practically every part of Manhattan; however, you should probably steer clear of these districts when the sun goes down. After the theaters close at midnight, there is a noticeable decrease in the number of people in Times Square, but it is still a fun spot to come in the evening.
How safe is Central Park?
Because there are so many people and things to do at Central Park throughout the day, the park is quite safe. However, given its size, it is possible for anybody, including native New Yorkers, to become disoriented within the park. The North Woods and The Ramble are only two examples of the park’s more heavily forested parts, among others (pictured below).
What is the most popular part of New York?
The most popular tourist destination in New York City is also its most famous borough: Manhattan. In point of fact, the vast majority of individuals think that New York City and Manhattan are interchangeable terms.
How much spending money will I need for a week in New York?
How much money should you save aside for a vacation to New York City that lasts for a week?
|Tight Budget||Average budget|
|Flight||from $900 to $ 1200||from $1300 to $1600|
|Housing||from $630 to $700||from $910 to $1400|
|Transportation||aprox. $94||from $170 to $185|
|Meals||from $275 to $460||from $460 to $650|
How far apart is Brooklyn and Manhattan?
Distance between Manhattan and Brooklyn is 15 kilometers (9 miles). The distance in kilometers from Manhattan to Brooklyn when traveling by car is 24. (15 miles).
How far is it from Times Square to Brooklyn?
There are 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) separating Times Square and Brooklyn. The road trip will take around 11.7 miles.
Is Brooklyn worth seeing?
Over two million people call the borough of Brooklyn home, making it the second most populous area in all of New York City. If you’re staying in the city center, Brooklyn is only a quick subway journey away and is absolutely worth a visit, even if it’s only for a day, to get away from the rush and bustle of Manhattan. Brooklyn is separated from Manhattan by the East River.
Is Downtown Brooklyn safe for tourists?
Even though it is the third biggest commercial sector in New York City, Downtown Brooklyn is regarded as one of the city’s most dangerous districts due to the high number of property crimes that occur there. Robbery is the most common kind of property crime in this area. This is because inhabitants in different parts of the community have significantly different levels of income.