The 12th biggest state, Minnesota covers 87,014 square miles (225,370 square kilometers), or roughly 2.26 percent of the total land area of the United States.
What is the population of Minnesota in USA?
With a total population of 5,611,179 people, the state of Minnesota holds the position of being the 22nd most populous state in the continental United States. The state ranks 12th in the US in terms of its overall area, which encompasses 86,935.83 square miles (225,163 sq. km).
What are some interesting facts about Minnesota?
- The state is sometimes referred to as the ″Land of 10,000 Lakes″ due to the fact that it contains over 14,000 freshwater bodies that are at least ten acres in size.
- Roughly a third of the state is covered in forests.
- The metropolitan region of Minneapolis–Saint Paul, sometimes known as the ‘Twin Cities,’ serves as the primary political, economic, and cultural heart of the state of Minnesota.
- Slightly more than half of the state’s population calls this area home.
What region is Minnesota located in?
- Due to the fact that the Northwest Angle in Lake of the Woods County, Minnesota is the only area of the 48 contiguous states that is located north of the 49th parallel, Minnesota is both the second northernmost state in the United States (after Alaska) and the northernmost contiguous state.
- The state is part of the U.S.
- area known as the Upper Midwest and part of North America’s Great Lakes Region.
What is the geography like in Minnesota?
The state of Minnesota is the most northern state that isn’t Alaska. The state of Minnesota has a population that is comparatively low because to the state’s general topography. Eagle Mountain, the state’s highest peak, is located in the northern portion of the state, which also features dense woods and steep ledges.
Is Minnesota a large state?
The 12th biggest state, Minnesota covers 86,943 square miles (225,180 km2), which is equivalent to around 2.25 percent of the total area of the United States.
How long and wide is Minnesota?
The length of the state of Minnesota is 600 miles and it is 351 miles across at its widest point. The state of Minnesota has a total size of 86,936 square miles.
What percentage of Minnesota is black?
|White alone, percent|| 83.8%|
|Black or African American alone, percent(a)|| 7.0%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a)|| 1.4%|
|Asian alone, percent(a)|| 5.2%|
Is Minnesota a poor state?
Despite the fact that Minnesota has a lower percentage of individuals living in poverty than the norm for the United States, around one in eleven Minnesota residents and one in nine children in the state are affected by it. The state of Minnesota’s poverty level throughout time.
|Year||All Ages||Children (under 18)|
What percent of Minneapolis is black?
|White alone, percent|| 62.9%|
|Black or African American alone, percent(a)|| 18.9%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a)|| 1.4%|
|Asian alone, percent(a)|| 5.9%|
Is Minnesota bigger than France?
Comparatively, France is approximately 2.7 times larger than the state of Minnesota. France is around 551,500 square kilometers larger than Minnesota, which means that France is 167 percent larger than Minnesota. Minnesota is approximately 206,189 square kilometers.
What country is similar in size to Minnesota?
With a total area of 92,098 square miles, Ghana is only little bigger than Minnesota. The nation is the second-largest producer of cocoa beans in the world and the second-largest producer of gold in Africa after South Africa. Lake Volta, the man-made lake that is the largest of its kind anywhere in the world, may be found here.
What’s Minnesota famous for?
- Lakes and woods may be Minnesota’s most famous natural features, but the state is also home to the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
- The Twin Cities are home to a significant number of Fortune 500 firms, the most notable of which being Best Buy, General Mills, Target, and Land ‘o Lakes.
- The United States’ most extensive shopping center is the Mall of America, which is located in Bloomington, Minnesota.
Is Minnesota flat or hilly?
You may describe the state of Minnesota as having a vertically compacted population. Its highest point, on Eagle Mountain, which is 2,301 feet above sea level, is less than 15 miles away from its lowest point, which is Lake Superior, which is just 600 feet above sea level. The terrain of the state is mostly flat.
Is Minnesota Safe?
Despite this, the state maintains its position as the twelfth safest in the country. With 277 reported cases of violent crime for every 100,000 residents, Minnesota is ranked as the 38th most dangerous state in the US. In the metropolitan region of Minneapolis, the rate of violent crime is 1109 per 100,000 people, while the rate of property crime is 4,222 per 100,000 people.
What do you call someone from Minnesota?
Minnesota. Residents of the state of Minnesota are referred to as Minnesotans.
What is the whitest state?
- The results of the census in 2020 reveal that Maine continues to be the state with the highest percentage of white residents but is also getting increasingly diversified.
- According to figures from the most recent census, which was announced on Thursday, the state’s population of 1,362,359 is still predominantly white.
- Over the course of the last decade, however, those figures showed a modest decline, going from 95.2 percent of the population to 90.8 percent of the population.
What is the blackest city in America?
The city of New York had the highest number of individuals who identified themselves as being Black, with around 2.3 million. This was followed by the city of Chicago, with 1.1 million, and then cities such as Detroit, Philadelphia, and Houston, which each had between 500,000 and 1 million.
Is Minnesota a good place to live?
MINNEAPOLIS — Minnesota is often regarded as one of the most desirable areas to reside in the United States. It boasts low unemployment, as well as strong schools, and excellent housing options. It is consistently ranked very high on livability measures, often near the top.