- On November 19, 1966, the match took place in Spartan Stadium, which is located on the campus of Michigan State University.
- Both teams came into the game undefeated, with Michigan State having a perfect record and being rated second, and Notre Dame having a perfect record and being ranked first.
- Because Notre Dame made the decision not to attempt a score on the last series, the game finished in a draw with a score of 10–10.
The football rivalry between Michigan and Notre Dame
|Michigan Wolverines Notre Dame Fighting Irish|
|First meeting||November 23, 1887 Michigan 8, Notre Dame 0|
|Latest meeting||October 26, 2019 Michigan 45, Notre Dame 14|
|Next meeting||September 3, 2033, Ann Arbor|
What are the odds of Michigan football playing Notre Dame?
A little more than a week before the game, Sportsbook.com has Michigan pegged as the favorite by 1.5 points. In the meanwhile, the S&P rankings indicate that Notre Dame should be considered a 5.5-point favorite. It will be the 43rd time that the Wolverines and the Fighting Irish have competed against one another. In the all-time series, Michigan holds an advantage of 24-17-1.
Why don t Michigan and Notre Dame play?
- Due in part to the program’s pledge to play more games against ACC opponents, the Michigan and Notre Dame football programs came to the conclusion that they would no longer compete against one another following the 2014 season.
- After Jim Harbaugh was appointed to coach the University of Michigan football team, he called Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly to discuss the possibility of the two schools’ teams competing against one another again.
How many times has Notre Dame beat Michigan football?
The Wolverines and the Irish will continue their long-standing rivalry with games scheduled for September 3rd, 2033 in Ann Arbor and September 2nd, 2034 in South Bend, Indiana. Overall, the University of Michigan holds a record of 24-18-1 versus Notre Dame.
What time is the Notre game Dame game today?
The game is going to start at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) and will take place at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Indiana.
What’s the spread on the Notre Dame game?
The Notre Dame point spread is at -19. Stanford vs. Notre Dame over-under: 52.5 pts.
How many national championships has Notre Dame won?
|Notre Dame Fighting Irish football|
|Playoff appearances||2 (2018, 2020)|
|Claimed national titles||11 (1924, 1929, 1930, 1943, 1946, 1947, 1949, 1966, 1973, 1977, 1988)|
|Unclaimed national titles||11 (1919, 1920, 1927, 1938, 1953, 1964, 1967, 1970, 1989, 1993, 2012)|
When were lights added to Michigan Stadium?
On December 11, 2010, the lights were utilized for the first time during a men’s hockey game. On September 10, 2011, the stadium hosted its first ever night football game, which took place during the season that followed. The Wolverines were victorious over the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame by a score of 35–31.
What team has beaten Notre Dame the most?
Since the year 1982, the Panthers have essentially maintained the same position on the schedule. The Fighting Irish are now up 49–21–1 in the series. The game between these two institutions in 2008 was the longest in Notre Dame’s history; it went to a record four overtimes, and Pitt eventually prevailed with a field goal victory over ND.
Has Notre Dame ever beat UGA?
- Please spread this.
- In their three matches against each other, which include the 1981 Sugar Bowl and the 2017-2018 Regular Season, Notre Dame has never been able to.
- Notre Dame has never beaten Georgia in their three head-to-head matchups, which include the 1981 Sugar Bowl and the 2017-2018 regular season.
- The Fighting Irish have been defeated by Georgia by a total of 14 points over all three games.
What TV channel is the Notre Dame football game on today?
Fox will broadcast the contest across the country.
What bowl game will Notre Dame play in 2021?
A showdown between No. 9 Oklahoma State and No. 5 Notre Dame in this year’s Fiesta Bowl will showcase two of the greatest college football teams in the country that have rewarded sports bettors Against the Spread (ATS) in 2021. The game will take place in 2021.
Who did Oklahoma lose to?
On a fourth-and-goal attempt, Oklahoma State’s Dezmon Jackson came up just short, which resulted in the Cowboys’ dreams of making it to the College Football Playoff being dashed. Baylor defeated Oklahoma State 21-16 to win the Big 12 Championship.
Who is favored to win Notre Dame game?
According to the odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook, Texas Tech is favored to win the game by 7.5 points. On the money line, it is listed as -350, and Notre Dame is listed as +265. The total number of points scored in the game will not exceed or fall below 132.5.
Is Notre Dame favored to win?
In its last nine games, Notre Dame has a record of 6-3 against the spread (ATS), including two wins as underdogs.
Who’s favored in the Notre Dame game today?
Have a look at the odds, the selections, and the predictions made for the competition. According to the odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook, Alabama is the favorite to win the game by 4.5 points. On the money line, it is at -190, while Notre Dame is at +155. The total number of points scored in the game will not exceed or fall below 152.5.