In the U.S. state of Missouri, the counties of Barry and Lawrence both contain Monett, which is the state’s most populated city. The city may be found in the Ozark Mountains, not far from Interstate 44, which connects it to Joplin and Springfield. It was anticipated that there will be 9,576 people living in the town during the census that was conducted in the year 2020.
What is the exact location of Monett?
Monett, which was once known as Plymouth, may be found in the coordinates 36°55′25′′ North, 93°55′20′′ West (or 36.92361° North, 93.92222° West) (36.923725, -93.922332). The city covers a total area of 6.5 square miles (16.9 km2), all of which is land, according to data provided by the United States Census Bureau.
What is Monett MO famous for?
The town’s economy evolved into a diversified one, with commerce in animals, apples, tomatoes, cigars, ice, razors and cutlery, poultry, dairy, and the world-famous strawberries of the Ozarks. In point of fact, for a significant number of years, Monett was recognized as the ″Strawberry Capital of the Midwest.″
What is there to do in Monett MO?
- Monett Harold Bell Wright Pierce City Museum is an essential cultural institution. Museums Devoted to the Past
- Movie Theaters, including the Sunset Drive-In
- The Battle of Newtonia
- Landmarks and other Places of Interest Near Hodgson Mill
- Paintball and laser tag at Bill’s Extreme, owned and operated by Bill
- Ozarks Skydive Center.
- Beebe’s Roaring River Waterslide.
- The Largest Museum of Small Electric Appliances in the World
What county is ZIP code 65708 in?
ZIP Code 65708
|Post Office City:||Monett, MO (View All Cities)|
|Area code:||417 (Area Code Map)|
|Coordinates:||36.9, -93.9 ZIP (~9 mile radius)|
Is Monett MO a good place to live?
- Monett is a predominantly industrial town that has a good number of work opportunities, an excellent educational system, and an average number of opportunities for social engagement; yet, it does not provide many of the necessities that a developing community need.
- Monett is a reasonably sizable town with several places to buy and dine; yet, despite its rural location, the town’s crime rate is very high.
How do you spell Monett Missouri?
In the state of Missouri, United States, the community of Monett may be found in both Monett Township in Barry County and Pierce Township in Lawrence County.
What is the crime rate in Monett Missouri?
Monett has one of the highest crime rates in the United States, with a rate of 39 crimes committed per one thousand people living there. This is true when comparing Monett to communities of all sizes, from the tiniest villages to the very largest metropolis. There is a one in 26 risk that a person may become a victim of a violent or property crime in this location.