Indianapolis, sometimes known as Indy, is the most populous city in the state of Indiana as well as the capital of the state of Indiana. It is also the headquarters of Marion County, which is the largest county in the state. Estimates provided by the United States Census Bureau for the year 2019 indicated that the combined population of Indianapolis and Marion County was 886,220 people.
- What is the typical number of people living in one of Indiana’s counties?
- Indiana had a total population of 6,483,802 residents as of the 2010 United States Census.
- The state’s 92 counties had an average population of 70,476 residents each, with Marion County having the highest population (903,393) and Ohio County having the lowest number (6,128).
54 counties have a population of 30,000 persons or more; 17 counties have populations that are greater than 100,000.
What county is Indiana in?
Indianapolis is the capital of the state of Indiana in the United States of America. It is also the county seat of Marion County and is located in the East North Central area of the Midwestern United States. Central Indiana is home to Indianapolis. In close proximity to the geographic center of the state, it may be found on the White River around the point where it meets Fall Creek.
What counties make up Indianapolis?
The Said Region. The Indianapolis Metropolitan Statistical Area (metro) is comprised of ten counties located in central Indiana. These counties are Boone, Brown, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, Putnam, and Shelby. The metro area is home to about 1.6 million people.
Is all of Marion County considered Indianapolis?
The county government is located in Indianapolis, which is also the state capital and the biggest city. Unigov.Marion County, Indiana is the name given to the agreement that brought to the consolidation of Marion County with Indianapolis.
|Total||403.01 sq mi (1,043.8 km2)|
What does Marion County cover?
The county of Marion may be found in the middle of the state of Florida, which is in the United States. The population was 375,908 according to the census completed in the year 2020. Ocala is the county seat for this area. The Florida county of Marion.
|Total||1,663 sq mi (4,310 km2)|
|Land||1,585 sq mi (4,110 km2)|
|Water||78 sq mi (200 km2) 4.7%%|
What county is the capital of Indiana in?
It is the administrative center of Harrison County and can be found in the most southern portion of the state of Indiana in the United States of America, to the north of the Ohio River.
|Coordinates: 38°12′41.44″N 86°7′34.82″WCoordinates: 38°12′41.44″N 86°7′34.82″W|
What county is 92 in Indiana?
Allen is the largest county, with 657 square miles (1,702 square kilometers), while Ohio is the smallest (86 sq. mi., 223 km2). A list of the counties in the state of Indiana.
|Counties of Indiana|
|Populations||5,978 (Ohio) – 971,102 (Marion)|
|Areas||86 square miles (220 km2) (Ohio) – 657 square miles (1,700 km2) (Allen)|
What cities are part of Marion County?
- Aumsville is one of the Incorporated Cities. Population: 4215
- Aurora. Population: 985
- Detroit. Population: 205
- The population of Donald is 995
- Gervais has a population of 2,620 people
- Hubbard. Population: 3315
- 3280 people live in Jefferson
- Keizer. Population: 38585
What counties are around Indianapolis?
- Locations within a radius of 25 miles of Indianapolis, Indiana
- Municipalities located between 25 and 75 miles away from Indianapolis, Indiana
- Places that are more than 100 kilometers (62 miles) away from Indianapolis, Indiana
What are the demographics of Indianapolis Indiana?
- 526,463,60.90% of the population are white. The standard deviation is 3,007
- 246,837,28.55 percent of the population are black or African-American. The standard deviation is 2,572
- Native American or Alaskan: 2.456.028 percent American Indian or Alaskan Native 635 is the margin of error
- Asian: 29,660,3.43 percent The error bar is set at 880
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander Peoples Make Up 161.02% Of The Population The standard deviation is 76
What Indianapolis, IN is known for?
Each year in the month of May, the world-famous Indy 500 auto race is held in Indianapolis, which also serves as the state capital of Indiana. The city of Indianapolis, sometimes known as Indy, is endowed with an abundance of green space, shimmering canals, and amazing memorials, all combine to create a metropolis that is both beautiful and gorgeous.