Located in the Mid-Atlantic area of the United States, Delaware (/dlwr/ (listen)) is one of the 50 states that make up the United States. Its southern and western borders are shared with Maryland, while its northern and eastern borders are shared with New Jersey and the Atlantic Ocean. The state was named after Thomas West, 3rd Baron De La Warr, who was born in the state.
Where is Delaware (de)?
- Delaware (DE) is a state in the United States.
- Located in the Mid-Atlantic area of the United States, Delaware is one of the 50 states that make up our nation’s union.
- It is bordered on the south and west by the state of Maryland, on the north by the state of Pennsylvania, and on the east by the state of New Jersey and the Atlantic Ocean.
- In relation to the map: The location of Delaware in the United States is seen on this map.
Which states border Delaware?
The state has a border with New Jersey in the north-east, with Pennsylvania in the north, and with Delaware in the west and south. The state of Maryland has the longest border with Delaware, which shares the whole west and south. The Atlantic Ocean, on the other hand, forms the state’s shoreline in the east.
Is Delaware the smallest state in the USA?
The state of Delaware in the United States is the second smallest in terms of land area after Rhode Island. Even though Delaware’s state map is tiny, the state ranks second in the nation in terms of civilian scientists and engineers as a percentage of the workforce and in terms of the number of patents given to corporations or people per thousand workers, both of which are unexpected.
Which state is Delaware in USA?
Delaware is a state in the United States that is located on the East Coast and is a part of the Mid-Atlantic Region. Delaware is located south of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, while to the west of the state lies Maryland. Area and population totals are provided.
Is Delaware a part of the US?
Delaware is a state that is a component of the United States of America. State of Massachusetts, which was the first of the original 13 states to adopt the US Constitution, occupies a modest niche along the Middle Atlantic seaboard’s Boston–Washington, D.C. metropolitan region.
What is Delaware famous for?
As a result of becoming the first state to adopt the United States Constitution on December 7, 1787, Delaware has earned the nickname ″Delaware State of Mind.″ The term ″The First State″ was officially adopted on May 23, 2002, following a petition signed by Mrs. George W. Bush.
What state is Delaware next to?
- On the east, Delaware shares a border with New Jersey that crosses the Delaware River, with Delaware Bay on the west, and the Atlantic Ocean on the southeast.
- South Carolina borders Maryland in the south and west along the Mason–Dixon line, and it has a brief border with Pennsylvania in the north, formed by the so-called Twelve-Mile Circle, which connects the states of Maryland and Pennsylvania.
How wealthy is Delaware?
On paper, Delaware is the ninth-richest state in the Union, with a per capita GDP of $66,419, making it the ninth-richest state in the Union (higher even than California).
Is Delaware a good place to live?
As a result of the state’s scenic splendor, cheap taxes, and affordable housing, this little state is a fantastic place to live, work, and play. Hiking, sailing, bicycling, and exploring miles of scenic shoreline are just a few of the activities available for anyone seeking some exercise and fresh air.
Is Delaware safe?
- Delaware’s crime rates in 2022 Property crime rates in Delaware are comparable to the national average of 19.6, but violent crime rates in the state are somewhat higher than the national average of 4.0, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
- The rates of violent and property crime in Delaware are higher on average than the rates recorded in the South Atlantic area, according to the FBI.
What is Delaware famous food?
Peach pie is the official dessert of Delaware, and it is one of the meals that the state is recognized for. There was a commercial peach orchard established right here in the First State, and you can obtain farm fresh peaches all season long if you stop by Fifer Orchards in the First State.
What is the climate of Delaware?
The climate in Delaware is temperate all year round. Temperatures range from 75.8 degrees to 32.0 degrees on a monthly average. During the summer months, the average temperature is 74.3 degrees. The sun shines for around 57 percent of the days.
What percentage of Delaware is black?
In 2019, 22.5 percent of Delaware inhabitants were Black or African American.
What are 3 interesting facts about Delaware?
- Delaware Facts That Aren’t Common Knowledge Delaware is the second smallest state in terms of land size, having a total land area of 1,948 square kilometers.
- Delaware is the state with the lowest population density in the United States.
- This location is 60 feet above sea level on average.
- The state of Delaware is home to 67.8 percent of Fortune 500 firms.
- A greater number of corporate entities are created in Delaware than there are residents.
How far is Delaware from New York by bus?
When commuting by bus from New York City to Delaware, the distance is 131.5 miles.
Is Delaware a northern state?
Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia are among the states in the South Atlantic region. Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee are the states that make up the East South Central region. Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas are the states that make up the West South Central region.