|New Mexico Nuevo México (Spanish) Yootó Hahoodzo (Navajo)|
|Length||371 mi (596 km)|
|Width||344 mi (552 km)|
What is the total area of New Mexico?
The state of New Mexico is the sixth biggest in terms of total land area, with a total of 121,590 square miles (314,900 km 2). Due to a measuring error made in the 19th century, the state of Oklahoma and New Mexico share a border that is located 2.2 miles (3.5 kilometers) west of the 103°W longitude that New Mexico shares with Texas. This creates New Mexico’s eastern boundary.
What are the key facts of New Mexico?
- New Mexico is the fifth biggest state in terms of total land area, behind Alaska, Texas, California, and Montana.
- The state’s total land area is 121,590 square miles (314,900 km 2).
- Its western boundary is shared with the state of Texas and is located 2.2 miles (3.5 kilometers) west of 103°W longitude.
- Its eastern border is shared with the state of Oklahoma and runs along 103°W longitude (due to a 19th-century surveying error).
What is the geographic center of New Mexico?
Simply click on this link to get a few definitions. The length of New Mexico is approximately 370 miles, while its width is around 343 miles. Willard is situated in Torrence County, 12 miles to the south-southwest of the geographic center of the state of New Mexico. The state of Colorado may be found to the north of New Mexico’s borders.
What states border New Mexico to the east?
- The states of Oklahoma and Texas may be found along New Mexico’s eastern boundary.
- Arizona is New Mexico’s neighbor to the west, and they share a border.
- With a total area of 121,598 square miles, New Mexico ranks as the fifth biggest state among the 50 that make up the United States.
- There are 121,365 square miles of land in the state of New Mexico.
- There are 234 square miles of water that cover the state of New Mexico.
How many miles is New Mexico across?
The length of New Mexico is approximately 370 miles, while its width is around 343 miles. Willard is situated in Torrence County, 12 miles to the south-southwest of the geographic center of the state of New Mexico. The state of Colorado may be found to the north of New Mexico’s borders.
How long is New Mexico in square miles?
With a total area of 121,598 square miles, New Mexico ranks as the fifth biggest state among the 50 states in the country. The total land area of the state of New Mexico is 121,365 square miles. The total water area in the state of New Mexico is 234 square miles.
What is the greatest length of New Mexico?
New Mexico Almanac
|Land area||121,365 square miles||5th|
|Water area||234 square miles||49th|
|Greatest distance East to West||352 miles|
|Greatest distance North to South||389 miles|
What is the size of New Mexico?
The total land area of New Mexico is 314,917 kilometers squared (121,590 square miles), making it the fifth biggest state in the United States. To put it in perspective, it is roughly the size of Poland and just less than half the size of Texas combined.
Why is New Mexico so poor?
The dearth of well-paying employment and an unfavorable physical environment for agriculture, particularly in New Mexico’s rural parts, are the primary contributors to the state’s high poverty rate.
How long does it take to drive across New Mexico north to south?
- If you drive the whole length of Interstate 10 throughout the state of New Mexico at an average speed of 60 miles per hour, it will take you around 2 hours and 44 minutes to complete the journey.
- The total distance of Interstate 10 across the state of New Mexico is approximately 164 miles.
- Also included are regional traffic maps for I-10 in New Mexico, including Anthony, Deming, Las Cruces, and Lordsburg.
How many miles is New Mexico from east to west?
If you drive the whole length of Interstate 10 throughout the state of New Mexico at an average speed of 60 miles per hour, it will take you around 2 hours and 44 minutes to complete the journey. The total distance of Interstate 10 across the state of New Mexico is approximately 164 miles.
What is the largest ethnic group in New Mexico?
In terms of population, the five largest ethnic groups in New Mexico are as follows: White (Hispanic) (37.2 percent), White (Non-Hispanic) (36.8 percent), Other (Hispanic) (8.85 percent), American Indian & Alaska Native (Non-Hispanic) (8.67 percent), and Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (8.67 percent) (1.9 percent ).
Is New Mexico safe?
- Even though the incidence of violent crime in New Mexico has decreased from 8.2 occurrences per 1,000 people to 7.8 incidents per 1,000 people, the state still has the second-highest rate of violent crime in the United States, behind only Alaska, which has 8.4 incidents per 1,000 people.
- The rate of property crime decreased from 31.8 occurrences per 1,000 people to 28.4 incidences per 1,000 people.
Why is New Mexico so called?
- The name New Mexico stems from the Spanish moniker Nuevo Mexico, which was given to the territory north of Mexico in the 1560s by Spanish explorers who hoped to discover gold and wealth comparable to that of the Aztec treasures in Mexico.
- New Mexico is a state in the southwestern United States.
- The present name for this region in the upper Rio Grande is an anglicized form of the original name.
What percentage of NM is black?
According to estimations based on demographic data from the year 2017, the following is how the population of New Mexico breaks down by race: 74.24 percent of New Mexico’s residents are White Americans, 2% are Black Africans, and 9.45 percent are Asian.
Which state is bigger Colorado or New Mexico?
With five million individuals, Colorado has a population that is significantly higher than that of New Mexico. Additionally, it has low rates of income taxation, a bigger annual gross domestic product of 382.5 billion dollars, and a more brisk environment. However, its landmass is only 266,002 km2, which is less than that of the United States.
Is California bigger than NM?
The size of California is approximately 1.3 times that of New Mexico. The population of New Mexico is now estimated to be at 2.1 million people (35.2 million more people live in California). We have placed the profile of New Mexico in the region that is about in the center of California.