Fingerprinting, registering your name and address, and documenting the serial number of the handgun are all required steps in the registration process. Additional Ohio laws pertaining to firearms Ohio Permit to Purchase
How old do you have to be to own a gun in Ohio?
- The buyer must be at least 18 years old in order to legally acquire a firearm, which includes being able to purchase rifles, shotguns, and ammunition.
- Customers must be at least 21 years old to acquire a firearm in the United States.
- To own a firearm in the state does not require any permissions or registration of the firearm.
- In the state of Ohio, if a person meets any of the following requirements, they are unable to purchase a handgun.
Can I open carry with a gun license in Ohio?
- These states will recognize a gun license granted by Ohio, but in order to open carry a firearm, you will need to satisfy additional restrictions specific to each state.
- The following states do not mandate the possession of a gun permit in order for citizens to have access to firearms: Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina.
- Open or concealed carry of guns is permitted in these states without the requirement of a separate gun license.
How do you locate a handgun dealer in Ohio?
You may locate sellers for handguns and weapons in Ohio by conducting a search on the Internet or looking through the listings in your area’s phone book. To find gun shops in your neighborhood, go to a search engine on the Internet and enter phrases like ″Ohio gun dealers″ or ″Ohio weapons sellers.″ This can help you narrow down your options.