In point of fact, Michigan hasn’t beaten Ohio State since 2011, which was a full seven years ago. The Buckeyes have prevailed in each of the past eight contests between these two universities. To refresh your memory, in the year 2020, they did not compete due to an outbreak of COVID-19 with the Wolverines.
How many times did Michigan beat Ohio State in football?
A football that was autographed by Woody Hayes and presented to Gerald Ford as a gift. The football includes the scores of the Michigan–Ohio State game from 1932 through 1934, which are the years that Ford played on the varsity squad for Michigan. Between the years 1930 and 1933, Michigan was victorious in three of their four competitions, earning them two national championships.
What happened in the first Michigan-Ohio State game?
- In 1835, the state of Michigan and the state of Ohio came dangerously close to starting a war over the city of Toledo.
- In the first game ever played between the two schools’ football teams, which took place on October 16, 1897, Michigan cruised to a 36-0 victory against Ohio State.
- In point of fact, it wasn’t until 1904 that the Buckeyes scored their first point in a game versus the Wolverines.
What is the longest winning streak in the Ohio State-Michigan Rivalry history?
- The nine-game victory streak that Michigan put together between 1901 and 1909 is still the longest winning streak in the history of the rivalry.
- The whole head-to-head history between Ohio State and Michigan can be seen here, followed by an analysis of two of the series’ games that are considered to be among the most memorable.
- In college football, a matchup between the teams ranked first and second during the regular season happens only very infrequently.
What is the Michigan–Ohio State football rivalry?
The Michigan–Ohio State football rivalry is a college football game played annually between the University of Michigan Wolverines and The Ohio State University Buckeyes. It is considered to be one of the most intense rivalries in all of American college football.
How long has it been since Michigan beat Ohio State in football?
Since Michigan last triumphed against Ohio State, the elapsed time span reads as follows: 10 years, 5 months, 22 days, 2 hours, 0 minutes, and 5 seconds.
How many times has Michigan beat Ohio State football?
Competition in football between Michigan and Ohio State
|Next meeting||November 26, 2022|
|All-time series||Michigan leads, 59–51–6|
|Largest victory||Michigan 86, Ohio State 0 (1902)|
Has Michigan ever beat Ohio State?
The history of the Michigan football series, including scores and important games. The Ohio State and Michigan rivalry is one that does not require any introduction. After their victory in 2021, the Wolverines now hold a 59-51-6 advantage over their opponents in the all-time rivalry.
How many times has Ohio State beat Michigan since 2000?
These three Wolverines coaches dominated the Ohio State-Michigan series from 1980 to 2000, with a record of 13-6-1, which included a stretch in the 1990s in which they went 7-2-1. However, since Michigan’s last victory against Cooper in the year 2000, Ohio State has gone 17-2 in ‘The Game,’ compiling a record of 17 victories for themselves.
Who is Michigan’s biggest rival?
Michigan-Michigan State (Michigan, 71-38-5) Fans of Michigan State University are hurt by the fact that Ohio State is Michigan’s main opponent, yet the ‘Little Brothers’ from East Lansing have been able to compete successfully against Ohio State during the past decade.
How many times has Michigan beat Ohio since 2001?
- Since 2001, Ohio State has been unbeatable against Michigan, as the Buckeyes have compiled an incredible 14-2 record in the series against their in-state rivals.
- Let’s go over the OSU victories against Michigan’s Wolverines game by game so far in this century (remember, youngsters, the century started in 2001, not 2000), paying appropriate honor to the two head coaches who have guided OSU to such dominance over Michigan.
How many times has Ohio State beat Michigan since 1990?
Check the Buckeyes’ Win-Loss Record Against the Wolverines During Your Lifetime.
|November 20, 1993||19||8|
|November 21, 1992||19||8|
|November 23, 1991||19||9|
|November 24, 1990||19||10|
Who is Ohio State’s biggest rival?
The Ohio State football team and the TTUN football squad have one of the most heated rivalries in the history of sports. They are without a doubt Ohio State’s most formidable competition, and it’s not even close. It is often considered to be the most intense competition in all of college football.
What is Harbaugh’s record against Ohio State?
Before Saturday, Harbaugh must have felt the effects of his extensive past in this game. He entered the game on Saturday with a record of 0-5 as a coach against Ohio State, and in his 11 years as an FBS coach at Michigan and Stanford, he had never won a division title.
Has Harbaugh beaten Ohio State?
Jim Harbaugh, the head coach of Michigan, is very close to claiming his first victory over Ohio State in his career as a head coach. As a player for the Wolverines from 1983-1986, he was victorious in The Game three times. However, as a coach for the Buckeyes, he entered the 2021 game with a record of 0-5 versus Michigan.
How much did Michigan beat Ohio State by?
The rivalry between Michigan and Ohio State came to an end with Michigan’s 42-27 victory against Ohio State.
When was the last time Michigan won a national championship?
Under the direction of Steve Fisher, the team has qualified for the NCAA Final Four on eight separate occasions (1964, 1965, 1976, 1989, 1992*, 1993*, 2013, 2018), and in 1989, they were successful enough to take home the National Championship.