- This is the first time since 2017 that Ohio State has suffered a loss at home.
- It had been 23 games since the previous time that Buckeyes supporters left Ohio Stadium without a victory prior to the game on September 9, 2017.
- That was the game in which Mayfield, who would go on to win the Heisman Trophy and be selected first overall, either successfully planted the flag in the turf or at least attempted to do so.
What’s the first time Ohio State football has lost a regular-season game?
COLUMBUS, Ohio — After suffering a loss against Oregon in their home opener, 35-28, the Ohio State football team now has a record of 1-1. Since Ryan Day took over as head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes for the first three games of the 2018 season, this is the first regular-season game that the Buckeyes have ever lost in his tenure as head coach of the team.
When was the last time Ohio State left Ohio Stadium without a win?
It had been 23 games since the previous time that Buckeyes supporters left Ohio Stadium without a victory prior to the game on September 9, 2017. That was the game in which Mayfield, who would go on to win the Heisman Trophy and be selected first overall, either successfully planted the flag in the turf or at least attempted to do so.
What happened in Ohio State’s first home opener since 1978?
- Before the Buckeyes’ first night game and home opener against the Hokies on September 6 at Ohio Stadium, the sun sets behind the stadium.
- The game will be the Buckeyes’ first at home.
- OSU defeated, 35-21.
- Mark Batke is credited as the photo editor for this image.
- The Ohio State Buckeyes football team suffered their first loss in their home opener since 1978 in front of a record crowd at Ohio Stadium.
What happened to Ohio State football’s home winning streak in 2017?
This defeat also brings an end to a home winning run of 22 games, with the most recent victory being in 2017 against Oklahoma, which was also a non-conference opponent. There is a very long list of factors that contributed to Ohio State’s defeat.
When did Ohio State football last lose at home?
- The last time Ohio State was defeated at home was in 2017, when Oklahoma led by Baker Mayfield prevailed against the Buckeyes.
- There are certain losses that leave a deeper impression than others.
- Because there is so much more at stake in conference championship games, bowl games, and national championship games, it stands to reason that defeats in these games will hurt more than those in other games.
How many times has OSU lost home?
The Ohio State Buckeyes football team suffered their first loss in their home opener since 1978 in front of a record crowd at Ohio Stadium. OSU’s first home game has been won in each of the previous 35 seasons, but they were defeated by Virginia Tech in front of 107,517 fans. The final score was 35-21.
When was the last time Ohio State lost to an in state team?
In its long history, Ohio State has played opponents from inside the state of Ohio and now holds a record of 173-48-15. Since 1921, when they were defeated by Oberlin 7-6, Ohio State has not lost to an opponent from the state of Ohio. In 1924, the Buckeyes and Wooster played to a 7-7 draw in Columbus.
When was the last time Ohio State lost to a Big Ten team?
The Buckeyes’ most recent defeat in Big Ten play came on the road against Purdue on October 20, 2018. They concluded that season with five victories in the B1G, and then in the next season, they won all 10 conference games, including the six that they played the year before.
Who did Ohio State lose to in 2014?
- Virginia Tech handed Ohio State its first loss of the year by a score of 35–21 in the Buckeyes’ second game.
- After suffering the setback, Ohio State went on to win five straight games, including four against teams from other Big Ten conferences.
- In a rematch of the Big Ten Championship Game from the previous year, Ohio State prevailed over Michigan State in the ninth game of the season to earn bragging rights.
How many times has Ohio State beat Michigan since 1990?
Check the Buckeyes’ Win-Loss Record Against the Wolverines During Your Lifetime.
|November 20, 1993||19||8|
|November 21, 1992||19||8|
|November 23, 1991||19||9|
|November 24, 1990||19||10|
How many games has Ohio State lost in the last 10 years?
In the last ten years, the Ohio State Buckeyes have compiled a record of 117 wins against just 18 losses. If you exclude the disastrous season of 2011, the Buckeyes have only 11 defeats to their name. Additionally, they have a record of 9-1 against Michigan, seven finishes in the top five, and won the College Football Playoff national championship in 2014.
Has Ohio State lost this year?
The No. 1 Ohio State Buckeyes were defeated by the Illinois Fighting Illini by a score of 28-21.
When was the last time Ohio State was ranked number 1?
The final poll of the 2007 regular season was the last time Ohio State finished as the top team in the country.
How many losses does Ohio State have?
- Through the 2019 season, Ohio State has amassed an official overall record of 924 wins, 326 defeats, and 53 ties.
- Additionally, Ohio State has competed in a total of 50 bowl games, with the 2019 Fiesta Bowl serving as the most recent of these contests.
- The Ohio State football program is the only one in the history of collegiate football to have never had a single season in which it lost more than seven games.
Has Ohio State ever beat an SEC team?
However, Ohio State’s record against the SEC is now 1-9 rather than 1-10 since there have only been 10 opportunities for a game between the two conferences.
Has Ohio State ever won a national championship?
- Even though the United States was on the brink of entering World War II, Ohio State football supporters were celebrating one of the most successful seasons in the program’s history.
- After ending the season with a record of 9-1 and earning the top spot in the Associated Press poll, the Ohio State Buckeyes became the first team in school history to win both the national championship and the Big Ten championship.